in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2009 10:20 AM by TWG. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2009 11:10 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 5: Red Led is blinking, system does NOT react and other issues with that unit ...

So, finally my Beosound 5 works as it should for the last 3 days. My dealer send me 2 B&O technicians and with their tips and help we managed to get this baby running!

I had to make the recovery 2 times because the unit didn't made the  B&O softwareupdate correctly. Aftere the 2nd recovery  I made  the B&O softwareupdate and now the last SW Version 5.02  is correctly installed.

My Asus WL330ge had to get its power from the power supply and NOT via the USB-power-adaptercable from the Beomaster 5 USB port!
    The Beomaster 5 USB port is absolutely sensitive ...

Now my Beosound 5 has wireless internet connection, Internetradio works like it should, the unit is powering down correctly (green led  on the Beomasters' back turns  red!) and wakes up  in about 10-20 seconds.

Now everything works like it should! Perfect! I'm observing my unit but since 3  days everything works ... I can't believe it! :-)

The recovery should not delete your data but the B&O demophotos on the Beomaster 5 where gone after the recovery! No matter for me as I'm using it as a pure audiosystem. Just for your information.

So if anyone has a USB wireless lan adapter on its Beomaster 5 it could be the cause of some problems!?

I can highly recommend the Asus WL-330gE for using with the Beomaster 5! You just need  to use the power supply and not the adapter cable for the USB port!

• 08-05-2009 12:46 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 5: Red Led is blinking, system does NOT react and other issues with that unit ...

Glad to hear you've finally got your system sorted out.  I hope you can finally enjoy it now. Big Smile

Stan

• 08-05-2009 10:20 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Stan:

Glad to hear you've finally got your system sorted out.  I hope you can finally enjoy it now. Big Smile

Stan

Hi Stan,

thank you and yes, I'm enjoying it now; even when I look sceptical in the evening on the unit "Mmmh, are you blinking?" Big Smile 

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2