in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2007 2:12 AM by jooka. 186 replies.
Page 7 of 8 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2007 3:37 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Re: The Inaugural Beoworld Prize Draw!

Excellent thread, and congratulations to all the winners.

This is definately proof that becoming a gold member is more than worth the cost. And that's just because of all the excitement. Wink

Me? I'm just waiting for the Beosystem 7000... 

• 06-01-2007 3:58 AM In reply to

• dylan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Perth, Australia
    • Posts 117
    • Founder

Congratulations to all who won. I too have decided to roll my luck over for next month's 7000 system.

Thank god June only has 30 days.

Dylan 

BS3200 BV7 BV3 BL8000 BG4000 BL4500 PC2 BG5500 MX4002

• 06-01-2007 4:14 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Congratulations to all winners!

The price draw is realy a nice extra and like many others here I hope for the white BS7000... but there can be only one lucky winner. We will have to wait.

But I also wouldn't mind winning the BS1 or BS3 Smile

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 06-01-2007 4:41 AM In reply to

Many congratulations to all those who won a prize last night. I wasn't able to make it because of work commitments but it has been a lot of fun this morning looking at the through the thread and seeing all your comments. A good effort from Lee and the team. Looking forward to joining in next months draw.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 06-01-2007 4:42 AM In reply to

beologisch:

Dear Beoworld Team,

This must be my lucky day indeed since I have not won anything since highschool..........and first price as well !!!! it's my girlfriends birthday today, just came home from diner with the family and today we've made it public and official that I will get married on the 21th of september ! So may good and exiting things on one and the same day !!!

Dear Leon,

I am so happy for you ! Gift Party!!!

Congratulations my friend ! Smile

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

• 06-01-2007 9:15 AM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

Hi All,

Congratulation to all the winners.  It was great fun to read through the post, and even I did not win this time, I am already looking forward to next months prize draws, and I have the perfect spot for a white 7000 system......

Anyway a huge thank you to Lee and his team for all their efforts making this happen

Cake Drinks

Thomas 

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 06-01-2007 9:26 AM In reply to

beologisch:

Dear Beoworld Team,

This must be my lucky day indeed since I have not won anything since highschool..........and first price as well !!!! it's my girlfriends birthday today, just came home from diner with the family and today we've made it public and official that I will get married on the 21th of september ! So may good and exiting things on one and the same day !!!

One of the fellow forum members just sent me a sms message to congratulate me and I did'nt know anything..............:-) so now I'm taking a bit of time to let my joy know to everyone !

thnx Leon

Wauw, Van harte Leon! (met de 2 eerste prijzen!!!)

Just because it's mellow it doesn't mean it's less evil....
  • 06-01-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

beologisch:

Dear Beoworld Team,

One of the fellow forum members just sent me a sms message to congratulate me and I did'nt know anything..............:-) so now I'm taking a bit of time to let my joy know to everyone !

thnx Leon

Hoi Leon,

Gefeliciteerd !

Veel plezier ermee Smile

• 06-01-2007 4:39 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Many congratulations to all winners!

For those that didn't win this time, the next Prize Draw is just a few weeks away... 

Bronze members and those who have not yet become a BeoWorld member,

perhaps it is a good time to register / upgrade to Gold !  Wink

• 06-02-2007 6:23 AM In reply to

Yes, I should have updated earlier, because the prize draw just seems fun when I read all the messages in this thread.

(I think I would have won the Beolab 4's Stick out tongue

Congratulations to the winners! 

Two Beo4 remotes, one BeoVision 6, greatings from a B&O afficionado :-p

• 06-02-2007 12:32 PM In reply to

Toubro:
    Wow, I wasn't able to get online until now. I just read the whole thread and got very anxious as I read on.
    Congratulations to all who won and thank you to Lee/Beoworld for this fantastic opportunity, I'm already looking forward to the next draw :o)

Toubro! Probably not the best place to get your attention, but I love your Avatar, I always had the feeling my A8s were romantic with me, now I can see it!

And to everyone else Congratulations! Keep up the Gold memberships and we'll be doing this kind of thing 12 times a year! Unfortunate for those of us who didn't win but who knows who the randomizing computer fancies at the end of this month!

Big cheer and success for BeoWorld and all the top men.

Just 28 days to go, and counting.

• 06-02-2007 12:52 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Henry:
    randomizing computer
    You cannot create real random numbers using a computer!
    Computers are deterministic devices. They take in input, process it, and generate output. With no truely random input, a computer can only generate pseudo-random numbers. The random number generator doesn't produce true random numbers. What it does is it generates a very long sequence of numbers that seem to be random, but will repeat itself eventually. The start state is given by the seed value.
  • 06-02-2007 1:18 PM In reply to

britops:
    Henry:
    randomizing computer
    You cannot create real random numbers using a computer!
    Computers are deterministic devices. They take in input, process it, and generate output. With no truely random input, a computer can only generate pseudo-random numbers. The random number generator doesn't produce true random numbers. What it does is it generates a very long sequence of numbers that seem to be random, but will repeat itself eventually. The start state is given by the seed value.

Sorry britops, just proved my IT ignorance! Does that mean that the same numbers/members will keep cropping up over time?

• 06-02-2007 2:02 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Yes, the winners will win again
  • 06-02-2007 2:57 PM In reply to

britops:
    Yes, the winners will win again

Oh?! Hmm

• 06-02-2007 5:43 PM In reply to

We are entering into Pure Maths here! As far as we are concerned, the numbers are random.

For those interested - here is the draw!

• 06-03-2007 6:28 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

If we drew numbered balls from a bag, and put them back - they would eventually come out again!  

Beyond me though, this maths stuff.  

Indifferent

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-03-2007 2:42 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Is there any reason why you use real names and not usernames for the winners. I personally would like to see the latter.
  • 06-03-2007 3:00 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I understand. I was online during the draw and would have been interested to see someone I recognise win. Can the usernames be included with the real names on the main website then?
  • 06-03-2007 4:57 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I have to join britops here. I understand why you choose to give the real name when announcing the winner, but wouldn't it be possible to announce the winner using both, real and username, so you are sure not to make a typing error and we know how has won?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-04-2007 4:02 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

It is true that if no truly random changes occur, then a pseudo-random sequence will be predictable. However, it is *not* true to say that it will repeat, although it could, if a really bad algorithm were used.

In this case, a random element is added, as new members will be joining the group, resulting in a random number of members for each draw. Therefore, for each draw, a pseudo-random number in the range 0..1 will be multiplied by a random number (the number of members), resulting in a truly random number.

Mark 

• 06-04-2007 4:50 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Well, thank heavens that one's cleared up..

I used to watch poeople saying things like this when i was a small child in absolute wonderment on the Open University.  I still do this as an adult, but they have shorter hair now.

LaughingLaughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-04-2007 7:43 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I'm quite happy that the running of the site is soundly based upon "Chaos Theory"Stick out tongueLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-04-2007 4:14 PM In reply to

So do we have any comments from any of the winners yet? I've only seen a couple I think.

Page 7 of 8 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >