in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2009 1:57 PM by rayfenwick. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2009 10:45 AM In reply to

Re: Should B&O make a new turntable - your thoughts please.

some of the high end audiophile stuff makes bno seem positively laid back as well as amazing vfm

i showed my mate the vid that soundproof posted and he couldn't stop laughing

popgear is grate™

• 04-21-2009 10:49 AM In reply to

ajames:

I don't think they should as it's going back in time - It's unlikely that there would be a big enough market for TT or Reel to Reel or Cassette Decks = regardless of who makes them.

Well, a new product to capture a share of a new market, garner some publicity, and also get the faithful dipping in their pocket...

There isn't (as yet) any boom in cassette/open reel purchases.  No-one is releasing new material on either of those 2 formats, but there are current new releases and re-releases on vinyl every day at the moment.

ajames:

I have a B&O turntable and love it and there are plenty of second hand ones out there. I also quite like vintage garrard decks and looking at e-bay there are some offered for sale in the states that have been restored - they look great (wouldn't work here though) and perhaps this could be a business opportunity for someone? - It would be great to be able to buy a b&O turntable that has been fully restored and in as-new condition. I can get my Revox Tape Deck fully restored and guaranteed by a few reputable companies but not a beogram.

If I were staying in England, I might have a go at that myself. I've been working on turntables for 25 years.... Unsure

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-21-2009 10:51 AM In reply to

Flappo The Grate:

some of the high end audiophile stuff makes bno seem positively laid back as well as amazing vfm

i showed my mate the vid that soundproof posted and he couldn't stop laughing

Completely true.  I've been to houses with strategically places blobs of blu-tak on the walls, one screw removed from each casing, people taking off one shoe.....

How I kept a straight face I'll never know.... :D

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-21-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

soundproof:

Something like this?

Definitely much better than the gas platform above, but I was thinking along the lines of a Beogram 55500/6500/700 crossed with a Beosound 9000, (no, not multi disc!), so you have an assisted glass lid. A 4000's build quality, the induction drive of an 800x, Beosound 9000 type LED display for speed...  possibly a clamper...

Sadly I'm not much of an artist, so I can't knock up a quick sketch of what I mean. Sad

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-21-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:

As I have a Beogram 5005 for sale currently, I'd appreciate it if B&O stayed out of the turntable sector and concentrated solely on electronic storage mediums for the foreseeable thank you very much ;)

Big Smile

But just think.. you could put the funds from selling your 5005 toward a nice new Beogram 9000  Smile

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2