in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-11-2010 11:26 AM by Christian. 55 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2010 3:38 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Re: AST - Adaptive Sound Technology

Hello Geoff,

Could I ask you also to have a look at my question a few "lines" up in regards to the connection of speakers to the BS3. I have a room with 6 speakers (2 x BL9 4 x BL6000) apart from the BL2 and the Centre speaker in the BV9.

Kind regards

Rolf

Filed under:
  • 06-16-2010 5:32 AM In reply to

Rolf:

I am about to upgrade my BV9/BS3 with the new Digital Surround Module and latest s/w build. Can anybody answer if the attached loadspeakers to the BS3 can simply be "daisy chained" in a single "loop" from the BS3 or if they need to be at least Right and Left seperated in two "loops".

Hi Rolf,

Sorry - I didn't bother responding to this one because I thought that someone else did so. You can have up to two loudspeakers daisychained on each PowerLink output of the BS3. One of the loudspeakers has to be set to "Left" and the other to "Right", however, in the case where a BS3 is the "hub", it doesn't matter which is L and which is R - you decide that in the BS3 menus.

For example, when I'm running tests, it's not unusual for me to have 7 powerlink cables coming out of my BS3 running out to 14 loudspeakers - two on each line. So, there are no "loops" - it looks more like a spider with 7 legs... :-)

I suppose,, to be completely accurate, you could daisy-chain more loudspeakers on a single PowerLink output, but if you do this, then all of the loudspeakers that are set to "Left" will produce the same signal. So, if you wanted to have a more Cinema-like arrangement with lots of surround loudspeakers, all of them playing the "Left Surround" signal from your DVD (for example), then you could, in fact, run them all on the same PowerLink output. This isn't necessarily a good idea, however, since the Loudspeaker Delay and the Loudspeaker Level controls would not be independent for each loudspeaker - so some will be too loud and/or too early and un-fixable. In other words, sound will come out of all the speakers, but it might not be worth hearing...

I think that this answers your question - but if not, please feel free to give me a shout again.

Cheers

-geoff

Filed under:
  • 06-16-2010 12:31 PM In reply to

Geoff,

Thanks for the reply and keep up the great work.

Kind regards

Stephen

• 07-10-2010 9:29 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Christian:

Thanks. I a just wondering, that my TV being one of the first mkIVs to leave the factory, has been shipped without the new sound board.

I will try to have another talk with my dealer in the coming week.

I have AST now, and I only needed the software update. The tech. guy was wrong, but I had a hard time convincing him, that my BV had the right sound module. Thanks for the help. Smile

If it wasn't for the fact that one of my BL5 has a broken tweeter (due to a party last night), I would be sitting in the couch and enjoying the optimized surround sound. Sad

Christian

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 07-10-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

"If it wasn't for the fact that one of my BL5 has a broken tweeter (due to a party last night), I would be sitting in the couch and enjoying the optimized surround sound. Sad"

Sounds like I missed one heck of a party.  I hope your tweeter died an honorable death and not one by a sloppy acquaintance.

• 07-11-2010 11:26 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

It was an awesome party. 18 people and 2 BL5s in my 16 m2 living room...

I think I caused it myself, when I turned off a couple of Pentas in the other room due to neighbor complaints. When I do that it sometimes causes the BL5s to make a little blob-noise, and at a volume level of somewhere around 80, it might have been enough. I hope that it is covered by my insurance, but I will know that tomorrow.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3