in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-14-2009 1:29 PM by koning. 82 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2009 8:05 PM In reply to

Re: Price drop for Bang&Olufsen BeoVisions

I do get the Loewe thing, and for me, it is like any other product out there - it doesn't have any appeal! I look at one, and instantly I know its not for me. I am really not bothered in the slightest how good the picture might be. It makes no statement. I am a creative person, I love art, I love abstract forms, I like intersting objects and sculptures. Loewe doesn't offer me that, B&O does. That's it in a nutshell. At least for me.

Simon.

• 02-14-2009 2:24 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

I am quite sure that  the folks in Struer look very close to the recently published Loewe numbers. They must have done something better. However, Loewe is (at least today) not global, most of their business comes from Europe and TV is their core business (almost no audio).

So as a guess for a second, the Loewe business strategy of their the TV business adapted to B&O with their audio business.....that might be a winner!

I don't like the Loewe design to much, it is quite "cold" (like furniture from Interlübke) and nothing that will last for more than 5 years. Also the build quality is from my point of view not better than Sony. I took the opportunity and had a close look to their line up the other day.

However, from a feature point of view Loewe has all the cool things I as a B&O owner would love to see in my TV....

Would I buy a Loewe? I guess not, pricing to close to B&O, and the extra functionality does not close the build quality and design gap.

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 02-14-2009 4:58 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I dont' care for the Loewe designs, they're ghastly. However, if the numbers are true, it proves it can be done and B&O presently don't know how.

That's it in a nutshell for me, the difference in design costs nothing (although you can charge for it if it is desirable enough).

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-14-2009 11:27 AM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

I like your response here Greg and agree with you about the reasons you would buy into B&O. They are the same reasons I love the brand. I know, of course, that for the premium we pay there are better products that could be bought - better in terms of functionality and perhaps useability and maybe even linkability - but, I just can't find any other company out there that seems to push all my buttons in the way that B&O do. I really do adore the design so much so, its a real love affair for me. I love the thought and imagination behind the product. I admire the time it takes of constantly refining their products until they are satisfactory in terms of quality and reliability. I love and hugley respect their attention to detail. I love the build quality. I genuinly believe that I am buying a superior product to rival products. Its quite difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is about a B&O product, and from visiting this forum in the last 2 years or so I now realise how many different reasons there are why people buy into the brand. These are my stated reasons only. I seek perfection (something I know I will never find but nonetheless I enjoy the journey) and I feel, rightly or wrongly, that B&O are on this path and share this desire too. Its being part of that journey that makes it exciting and very unique, as 'most' people out there couldn't care either way! But we are not most people and that intrigues me! Is there anyone else like B&O, really? I know several people would answer yes, and say Apple, but for me I can't compare the two. I admire Apple and like their products but there is a 'magic' missing that I want, and that I find with B&O. I think its the fact that B&O are not mass market. In fact, it must be that, because I know for sure the minute they became like that I would lose interest. This is why I don't understand the many times I read in threads that people want B&O products for less. If they did that, they would lose their credibility and reputation instantly. Are they really overpriced for what they are? I don't think so. If I did, I wouldn't have bought them. Its not about the money. That argument is the same as any other with whatever product or service you talk about in life and the answer is always the same, you buy what you like and what you can afford within your means. Anyway, slightly off topic towards the end but reading posts has sort of put that fresh in my mind.

Simon.

Well put Simon. Honest and straight forward. Interesting to read.

This indicates how different people think when they make their decision. You think and act as you wrote above. I try to chose what I consider the best for our family but I must think in more economic terms. I also have difficulties buying something just because it is a brand like e.g. B&O or Loewe. We buy a B&O stereo because we think there is nothing out there like it in terms of Sound/design etc. We buy Apple stuff because its simplier to use than a PC. When it comes to TV though I am afraid B&O did fail to offer a product that was up to our demands.

Design on a flat screen hanging on a wall: Well we thought that Loewe looks just as good. We could also have picked something cheaper if it was only design.

Picture: Plenty of TVs with decent picture.

Modern technology: Just Loewe left (Media player, WLAN etc)

B R

Clakke

• 02-14-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Hi

This is the only place, where I hear that Loewe should not have good design. Wonder why Smile? Myself and the friends I have consider both Loewe and B&O to have top quality design. As I said before, not much to design on a flat screen. But I think that Loewe and B&O do a good job at the little there are to do. The technical differences need no further comments.

I could also mention about the price difference. We compared Loewe Media Connect and B&O 8-32. I think that B&O would be about 1.5 times more expensive. We are coming from the outside (no B&O equipment until now) and we felt that it should be the other way around in this comparison. Now of course you will all be angry with meEmbarrassed, but that was how we felt.

Have a nice saturday and a Happy Valentine

Clakke

• 02-14-2009 12:53 PM In reply to

Please Father forgive him because he does not know what he is sayingDevil

Amen

• 02-14-2009 1:26 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108