in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-09-2009 12:10 PM by eljefe. 58 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2009 7:56 AM In reply to

Re: XML generator tool

I uploaded it now... I should mention that I have not confirmed that these codes actually will work on my tv but I found them on the internet and am pretty shure they should work

• 02-08-2009 9:21 AM In reply to

I have had a look at your XML which produced NEC protocol codes.

I have also looked at some of the Pioneer codes and they use about 8 different protocols, some are RC5 and the rest are NEC.

You did not state the exact Pioneer model and I suggest you use a Lintronic box to capture the codes from the actual remote to be sure which one is used.

Did you download the Pioneer DV-646A from the Beo5 web pages HERE and try that which also uses NEC codes. This is a known working Pioneer XML file

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2009 10:06 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

I have had a look at your XML which produced NEC protocol codes.

I have also looked at some of the Pioneer codes and they use about 8 different protocols, some are RC5 and the rest are NEC.

You did not state the exact Pioneer model and I suggest you use a Lintronic box to capture the codes from the actual remote to be sure which one is used.

Did you download the Pioneer DV-646A from the Beo5 web pages HERE and try that which also uses NEC codes. This is a known working Pioneer XML file

It is for use with the KRP500A model.

Are the codes right? Or what else is wrong?

• 02-08-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

Hi

Im sort of lost in getting 3'rd party codes working on my BEO5.
    I joined to get the XML generator and now im stuck.

I have lintronic files .... looking like this....

213165086165004000000003=CH SELECT
    713165133000000000000003=DVD_LD
    713165137000000000000003=DVR_VCR
    213165086165006000000003=FL DIMMER
    713165071000000000000003=FM
    713165085000000000000003=INDPUT SELECT
    713165011000000000000010=MASTER VOL DOWN
    713165010000000000000010=MASTER VOL UP
    213165159165203000000003=MIDNIGHT_LOUDNESS
    713165018000000000000003=MUTE
    713165027000000000000003=POWEROFF
    713165026000000000000003=POWERON

so how do i get it working ...

I want to control my Pioneer VSX-LX60 and these codes are some of them.

Thanks for any help.

Regards
    Jacob Just

• 02-08-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

Jacob,

A Very warm welcome to Beoworld.

Do you have a Lintronic Box or just their software ?

If you have a Lintronic box to capture IR codes from a remote or you have found Pronto codes for your 3rd party product on the web normally at www.remotecentral.com then the 3rd Party XML Generator can produce an XML file to be used by teh Configuration Tool software to upload to your Beo5.

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2009 12:04 PM In reply to

eljefe:

You did not answer my questions. There are different codes for different Pioneer products and unless you know what protocol was used for your product then the only way to determine the correct ones is trial and error or capture the codes and decode them.

Given your pioneer product is a Plasma TV, so fairly up to date, then I got the latest Pioneer plasma Proto codes and converted two of them, i.e. power off and power on for you to test. You can download the test XML file HERE

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2009 1:20 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

eljefe:

You did not answer my questions. There are different codes for different Pioneer products and unless you know what protocol was used for your product then the only way to determine the correct ones is trial and error or capture the codes and decode them.

Given your pioneer product is a Plasma TV, so fairly up to date, then I got the latest Pioneer plasma Proto codes and converted two of them, i.e. power off and power on for you to test. You can download the test XML file HERE

Hi Keith

What didn't I answer?

Anyway, thank you very much for the test file. Sadly it doesn't work. Pioneer must have switched codes for the new screens which is quite strange. I haven't been able to find the codes anywhere and I don't have a device that is able to learn the codes. Is there any other way?

Again, thanks for your help

• 02-08-2009 1:54 PM In reply to

I think you answered my question in the last part of your last post where you said you do not have a device to capture the codes.

I suggest you either find someone near you with a Lintronic or other capture product or you could send you remote to me and I will capture the codes. Where are you located ?

Regards Keith....

• 02-08-2009 2:45 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

I think you answered my question in the last part of your last post where you said you do not have a device to capture the codes.

I suggest you either find someone near you with a Lintronic or other capture product or you could send you remote to me and I will capture the codes. Where are you located ?

As great an offer as that is I think it would be quite difficult as I am in Denmark.

I found this database

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home+Entertainment+Custom+Install/IR+Codes/ch.Plasma+Displays.Default

Where all the pioneer ir codes are located. I have tried a couple of different ones out but still can't get them to work. My model is also not called the same as any of the ones in there.

• 02-09-2009 3:04 AM In reply to

I think the reason you have not found your model in their list is because KRP500A is a package of screen and media box and not the screen model number. Think think you need to look for the screen model number.

Regards Keith....

• 02-09-2009 3:19 AM In reply to

Hi Keith

Thanks for the welcome.

I have the Lintronic box and it is working quite well.

But the problem with volume up and down is killing me.

I want smooth volume changing and would rather be using the BEO5 itself.

Are there any manual for the XML generator or can i use the Lintronic files as provided in earlier post ?

Do i need to write other Lintronic files to parse the XML generator ?

It would however be great if i could use the decoded Lintronic files as they are.

It is also a quite large databse of ir codes that are present in Lintronic codes...

I tried getting hold of a pronto ccf file, but i just cant se how to use it in XML generator.

Thanks for adwice

Regards
    Jacob Just

• 02-09-2009 3:59 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Hello Jacob

You can download the help file from Here

Regards

Quim

• 02-09-2009 4:31 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

I think the reason you have not found your model in their list is because KRP500A is a package of screen and media box and not the screen model number. Think think you need to look for the screen model number.

Hi keith

I am one step closer i think. I now have an excel file containing the correct IR codes. And I crossed these with another file containg both IR and HEX codes so I can now confirm which codes are for my screen.

This however still does not solve my problem. I am really confused. I changed the carrier in the file to 38000 and even tried a couple of other carrier frequencies but ultimately it didn't help. Any idea to what my problem might be? I can't understand why it is so complicated for this product.

• 02-09-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

eljefe:

I am one step closer i think. I now have an excel file containing the correct IR codes. And I crossed these with another file containg both IR and HEX codes so I can now confirm which codes are for my screen.

This however still does not solve my problem. I am really confused. I changed the carrier in the file to 38000 and even tried a couple of other carrier frequencies but ultimately it didn't help. Any idea to what my problem might be? I can't understand why it is so complicated for this product.

If you upload the file in a zip file you have found HERE and I will have a look at it.

Regards Keith....

• 02-09-2009 4:57 AM In reply to

I have been trying to do a bit of research on the subject and it seems that the Pioneer Elite models are using high frequencies as carrier so I suspect this to be the problem. I can't however find out what this frequency is

• 02-09-2009 4:58 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

eljefe:

If you upload the file in a zip file you have found HERE and I will have a look at it.

Done. Thank you so much

• 02-09-2009 6:39 AM In reply to

eljefe:
    I have been trying to do a bit of research on the subject and it seems that the Pioneer Elite models are using high frequencies as carrier so I suspect this to be the problem. I can't however find out what this frequency is

I have had a look at your Pioneer pronto file you uploaded and I can confirm the following points:-

• The Hex codes produce a NEC protocol
    • The second HEX value of 0068 which is equal to 104 decimal is the carrier frequency which comes to 40 Khz (well 39,857 Htz to be exact)

So, assuming these codes you have found are the correct ones for your unit, then you can make the XML file using the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator setting the Carrier frequency to 40 in the pull down

Regards Keith....

• 02-09-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

jacobjust:

Hi Keith

Thanks for the welcome.

I have the Lintronic box and it is working quite well.

But the problem with volume up and down is killing me.

I want smooth volume changing and would rather be using the BEO5 itself.

Are there any manual for the XML generator or can i use the Lintronic files as provided in earlier post ?

Do i need to write other Lintronic files to parse the XML generator ?

It would however be great if i could use the decoded Lintronic files as they are.

It is also a quite large databse of ir codes that are present in Lintronic codes...

I tried getting hold of a pronto ccf file, but i just cant se how to use it in XML generator.

Thanks for adwice

Regards
    Jacob Just

Jacob,

As you will see from the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator help file, the program takes the pulse timings provided by the Lintronic software to produce the RAW IR stream, however no RAW protocol can provide a repeat code required for your smooth volume up/down.

The solution is for the XML file to have the actually used protocol such as RC5 or NEC where a repeat code can be provided. Until the next version of the XML Generator this can only be done by working out the binary code sequence and manually editing the XML file.

You cannot use the Lintronic files with the XML Generator.

Regards Keith....

• 02-09-2009 7:37 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

eljefe:

I have had a look at your Pioneer pronto file you uploaded and I can confirm the following points:-

• The second HEX value of 0068 which is equal to 104 decimal is the carrier frequency which comes to 40 Khz (well 39,857 Htz to be exact)

So, assuming these codes you have found are the correct ones for your unit, then you can make the XML file using the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator setting the Carrier frequency to 40 in the pull down

Thanks. I am however close to going nuts over this. How been working at it for countless hours now and am beginning to lose my patience.

In the file I uploaded there are both the hex codes and the IR codes(AA1C for example which is on/off toggle). The way I verified that these codes where for my screen is that I have a list of the the IR codes which i know are for my screen and the I matched them with the list I sent you which have both IR codes and the hex codes. Can I assume that this is correct?

• 02-09-2009 8:16 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

eljefe:

Hi Keith

Could I maybe persuade you to make an xml file with a couple of codes(like turn on/off) and then make it like you would suggest. this way I would be able to find out if it is my own fault or there is something else wrong.

• 02-09-2009 8:28 AM In reply to

What version of Beo5 Configuration Tool are you using ?

Regards Keith....

• 02-09-2009 8:30 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

What version of Beo5 Configuration Tool are you using ?

Version 2.2

• 02-09-2009 8:50 AM In reply to

eljefe:

Could I maybe persuade you to make an xml file with a couple of codes(like turn on/off) and then make it like you would suggest. this way I would be able to find out if it is my own fault or there is something else wrong.

You can download a test XML file HERE

Regards Keith....

• 02-09-2009 9:02 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

eljefe:

You can download a test XML file HERE

Doesn't work... Thanks anyway.

Really annoying. I hope there are some other Pioneer TV owners in here who might be able to resolve this problem

• 02-09-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Have you tested the xml file making a new configuration or just modifying an old one?

It happened to me, I just modified an old configuration and the new commands didn't overwrite the older ones.

Try to begin from zero, to see if the xml file works on your TV

Good luck

Quim

Page 2 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >