in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-10-2009 7:32 AM by Tom. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2009 2:54 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Embarrasing, but essential.

Friedmett:

I'm a FOX fan.

Who is FOX? Some '70s popband which is pretty good.

In 2003 I found a small box with cassette tapes in my grandmothers apartment. Despite the usual Grease and Bee Gees + Abba one song did catch my attention. 

It was recorded from the radio with the speaker introduktion cut of in both ends. I typed in the chorus on google: He's got magic and found the band FOX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZS_dXIntY

I had to get the 3 records and I do love it.

Ah yes - I remember Noosha Fox. They were quite different to everyone else at the time.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-06-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

Do you still listen to Fox?

Anyway all 3 records are out on cd with extra stuff on them on the Cherry red label.

• 01-25-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

Paris Hilton is on my iTunes.

• 01-25-2009 10:27 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Stars:

Paris Hilton is on my iTunes.

She was on my DVD player a couple of years or so agoWinkWhistle

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-03-2009 11:31 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

S-S-S-Single Bed by FOX...now the start of that song sounds fantastic on a pair of BL5's!

I'm ashamed to mention these 'artists' but the Thompson Twins and Kajagoogoo...all played of course when NOBODY is around!

• 02-03-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

Blondie .... 

original vinyl on my beogram 5500 and somehow always puts me in a good mood.

• 02-06-2009 3:29 AM In reply to

I'm living in the 70's... Though I'm only 15 yrs old Big Smile

A lot of vinyl and the Beogram 4002 (plus my 8000).

Embarrasing passion: Boston, ELO (Yes, The Orchestra) and The Eagles... All my classmates are listening to this awful techno music, and they think that I am strange, just bechause i listen to some forgotten rock 'n' roll all day on a TURNTABLE?!

Young people nowadays...

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 02-06-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

Søren Hammer:

Embarrasing passion: Boston, ELO (Yes, The Orchestra) and The Eagles... All my classmates are listening to this awful techno music, and they think that I am strange, just bechause i listen to some forgotten rock 'n' roll all day on a TURNTABLE?!

Young people nowadays...

Laughing When I was your age, I also made a point of listening to "different" music - although most of my frieds did too! But it was a bit different regarding vinyl in the 80s Wink

-mika

• 02-06-2009 9:10 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I was listening to the Elbow album The Seldom Seen Kid in school the other day, and one person asked "why do you only listen to old weird music?" Huh? I suppose unless it's the latest Timbaland song, it sounds old to most people my age. Sad

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-09-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

Alex, I know what you mean, I get the same thing all the time. And funnily enough, Timbaland is usually my "defence" too.

Regarding really embarrassing music, I'm sure there are quite a lot of artists and songs I listen to that are embarrassing, so I won't get in to details... But there is this one album, which I think would be perfect for this forum. A friend of mine and myself recently re-discovered it. And while both ourselves and a small number of people love it and think it's brilliant, everyone else just thinks we're totally crazy.

It's an old, well, made in 1984, children's music CD and probably every child here since 1984 has grown up with it ( the lady in the CD shop said it was still one of the most popular CDs - though you should see the look I got from the her when she realised I bought it for myself ). The songs are about a cat called Muri and his life in the cat city. I think you get the idea. The singer though is quite famous and respected here.

When I bought a new copy of the CD recently, because the old one I had when I was a kid got lost somehow, I invited two friends over for a listen. We usually have a similar taste in music, so I thought they would be an easy crowd. When I played my favourite song they just looked at me and said something along the lines of "Luka, you are losing it."

In my opinion our little group finds the music brilliant because we can see, well, hear beyond the childish lyrics. And what I try to explain to everyone who gives me the "What's wrong with you man? This is for kids." look, is, that they would probably like it if they couldn't understand the lyrics ( or if they were different ). And since I seriously doubt anyone here understands Slovenian, you are the perfect crowd! I have ripped my favourite song from the CD in case anyone would like to hear it. It's around 30MB and in Apple Lossless. Click here. And here are the samples of other songs. Their quality is sh*t though.

• 02-10-2009 7:32 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

RammsteinSurprise

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2