in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2009 3:11 AM by Piaf. 25 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2009 3:11 AM In reply to

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Victoria, British Columbia
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

Re: USA & Used B&O Market

In all fairness, ANY company must compete on the world scene…. whether it is reasonable or not.

Sony is a very large corporation which makes exceptional products. I have one of their “boom boxes” from the late eighties which has spent a lot of time outside…. on the Florida beach, in the sun, and used extensively….. yet all functions: CD, Cassette, AM/FM, and remote all function like new.

McIntosh and Linn are not really large companies and any comparison to them, is MORE than fair. While Linn did not do anything to address my cosmetic problem with my Isobaric speakers, McIntosh was simply incredible in their efforts to restore my ancient pre-amp and amp to original condition UNDER WARRENTEE!  

Don’t misunderstand me; I love Bang & Olufsen products….. my Beogram 4000 is my absolute crown jewel…. and all the rest of my B&O “collection” is treasured.

However, I have several “dead” B&O units with no service within several hundred miles. Now while I don’t expect a small company like B&O is repair my vintage equipment for FREE like McIntosh did, I really DO expect that they would keep basic replacement parts available like belts, Beogram cartridges, etc. BUT THEY DON’T.  

This makes owning older B&O products problematic and depresses values. Don’t believe me check B&O pricing on eBay as compared to McIntosh.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2