in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-11-2009 1:52 PM by lausvi. 37 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2009 5:23 PM In reply to

Re: IR Code Converter for the BM8000 questions

While waiting for this box to arrive I've been wondering about the future linking/setup. At present 2 Mcl82 is aviable online in Denmark for ekstra speakers in another room which the Beomaster 8000 is using. Only 4 units can be connected which is fine.

Option 1:

Using the Beolink 1000 takes the tape 2 input and 1 powerlink input on the Beovision LX5500. All basic functions + TV/video audio through the Beolab 8000 system is then aviable.

Option 2:

In order for using up to 4 MCL82 kits around the house like the later Xtra speaker kit I'm still using the box + the mcl82 units(a must if it should be done) but I can only use the Beolab terminal it seems and doing the basic operations that it provides.

I do plan to get another Beovision as a link tv as I got the option and boxes/cables for doing so + getting some LC 1-2 for light controlling.

The question is how to integrate the Beolab 8000 system if I use Option 1 with the MCL82 boxes? Any other ways for Xtra speakers? When the MCL82+ the xtra box is in use it only takes the speaker 2 connection and leaves the rest of the Beomaster inputs free.

Any ideas?

• 03-06-2009 1:25 PM In reply to

I got the box today.

It's the right one for sure. I need a powersupply and a cable with a mini plug on one end and blue led on the other to test it.

If anyone here has such a cable please let me know.

In order for X-tra speakers with the MCL82 system I need the MCL- Beolab kit type 106/7 and the above converter boks.

Can anyone bring any info on that kit, maybe a picture?

• 04-23-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

Friedmett:

I got the box today.

It's the right one for sure. I need a powersupply and a cable with a mini plug on one end and blue led on the other to test it.

If anyone here has such a cable please let me know.

In order for X-tra speakers with the MCL82 system I need the MCL- Beolab kit type 106/7 and the above converter boks.

Can anyone bring any info on that kit, maybe a picture?

Hi

So we are more or less in the same situation: I also got such a ir converter box.

I am also desperately seeking the following equippment:

- powersupply

- cable with a mini plug on one end and blue led on the other 

- ifrared receiver (i have some models but don't know which one really fits, please give me a serial number or a inside photograph)

What i have instead is a MCL- Beolab kit type 106/7 but also without cables and ir-diode.

I really would like to share experiences with this magical box.

Good luck

David

• 04-25-2009 9:43 AM In reply to

That's the best I can provide until tomorow.

It says sensor to the left and not much else.

As for powersupply I think that a MCL2AV type can handle it otherwise its easy to get. You only need to provide the right voltage to iit.

Can you post a picture of the MCL beolab kit?

I have not gone much further with my box allthough its setup for use with BM8000 inside.

I have yet to do some research on that cable with the blue LED as I have not seen any but not really tried to find one.

MCL82 link boxes do come up but I have seen in a B&O manual that each box needs to be modified but not how.

What kind of setup do you have in mind? Which Beomaster?

You need some of the cables for the BM8000 and others for the other recivere were the box can also be used.

• 04-25-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

Hallo Friedmett

Thanks for your information about this box. I will post a picture of the mcl beolab kit as soon as possible (don't have it here at home). As far as i remember you can find the information about the modification of the mcl82 link boxes in the manual about the IR code converter (on beoworld). Otherwise i can post copies of the relevant pages from other manuals i have.

My target system is the beomaster 3000 (with beolink 30).

Best regards

David

• 06-11-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

I need your help. What plug do I need for the gold IR connection?

I can only find cables with a mini jack on them so I might need to find a converter of some kind but I don't know what plug would fit.

• 06-11-2009 12:01 PM In reply to

I really don't know but  just wonder if the gold bit shown is not the end of a plug rather than a socket. I wonder if it got stuck in the socket. The plug is referred to in the manual as a Mini Plug, which is usually a mono mini jack.

• 06-11-2009 1:15 PM In reply to

It could be. Here is an inside look:

• 06-11-2009 1:22 PM In reply to

Looks like a regular 3.5 mm mono jack to me.

-mika

• 06-11-2009 1:30 PM In reply to

That's what I'm thinking too but a regular 3.5 mm mono jack is to thick.

This is an mid '80s construction. Could it be that a smaller mono jack is the solution?

• 06-11-2009 1:38 PM In reply to

Friedmett:

That's what I'm thinking too but a regular 3.5 mm mono jack is to thick.

This is an mid '80s construction. Could it be that a smaller mono jack is the solution?

I'm not sure if I ever saw 2.5 mm plugs at that time, but you could try one of those. Many mobile phones have that size headset / headphone connectors these days.

-mika

• 06-11-2009 1:48 PM In reply to

I suppose you don't actually need a plug at all - you could just solder a wire to the contacts. It seems very well exposed.

• 06-11-2009 1:52 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

I have seen 2.5mm plugs used as remote controller connectors (80's equipment mostly). I was able to buy new ones, too, so it shouldn't be hard to get.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2