in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2008 6:49 AM by ed7. 56 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2008 1:09 PM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Rises on Report of Possible Takeover Interest

Bingo:

Wouldn't it be a good idea that Philips takes over B&O?   They have already owned a part in the past so know the company best I think.

Another crap idea Bingo.

I used to work for the Pye Group in the UK. It had been going strong since around 1940 or so. Then in the early 1970's Philips bought the company and within 20 years had virtually closed it all. Gone forever.

Is that what you want?

Also, to address another point. Companies like B&O commonly have 5 year product development time maybe longer. So what connection standard will you implement in your new product to be launched in 2013 and what will the media storage devices be like? What will the screen drivers be like?

Not easy questions to answer and my contention is that joe public does not have a clue. Get it wrong and your product is unsaleable.

Regards Graham

• 02-25-2008 1:59 PM In reply to

yeah , philips are grate at inventing things - laserdisc and cd erc , but USELESS at making things

i had a philips tv and it actually blew up and caught fire - utter garbage 

i'd rather sony or pioneer tbh 

popgear is grate™

• 02-25-2008 2:13 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

yeah , philips are grate at inventing things - laserdisc and cd erc , but USELESS at making things

i had a philips tv and it actually blew up and caught fire - utter garbage 

i'd rather sony or pioneer tbh 

b&o not bad in their fireworks too flappo my avant caught fire the set was less than seven years from brand newNo - thumbs down

• 02-25-2008 2:50 PM In reply to

really ?

good grief , i'd be really upset if that happened to me

what happened - did they give you some money back ? 

i hope they at least apologised 

popgear is grate™

• 02-25-2008 3:15 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

no nothing at all flappoSurprise
  • 02-26-2008 6:37 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:
    Bingo:

Wouldn't it be a good idea that Philips takes over B&O?   They have already owned a part in the past so know the company best I think.

Another crap idea Bingo.

I used to work for the Pye Group in the UK. It had been going strong since around 1940 or so. Then in the early 1970's Philips bought the company and within 20 years had virtually closed it all. Gone forever.

Is that what you want?

Also, to address another point. Companies like B&O commonly have 5 year product development time maybe longer. So what connection standard will you implement in your new product to be launched in 2013 and what will the media storage devices be like? What will the screen drivers be like?

Not easy questions to answer and my contention is that joe public does not have a clue. Get it wrong and your product is unsaleable.

Maybe they have to shorter the product development time and make a design more flexible . In the AV-world you have to be flexible nowadays to offer products which are up to date to common high-end marked standards. Not being 3 years too late with HDMI or offer 120 HZ LCD technology almost 2 years after the other A-brands did. If you want to place yourself as a premiumbrand, then make premium products as well. But if you offer a Beovision 8 with just one HDMI, you don't make yourself believable als premiumbrand in my opinion.
  • 02-26-2008 6:49 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

that makes a pye in the skyLaughingLaughing
Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3