in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-27-2007 2:30 PM by Peter. 55 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2007 12:10 PM In reply to

Re: Overpriced Junk

Locked Contact
    I think this thread has run its course! I have sympathy for tascam's viewpoint as he has clearly been shown three models that do not meet the standards he expects - quite reasonably in my view. However I do not see that throwing emotive phrases around is now adding to the debate from either side. I hope that the dealer can answer some of your worries about the QC issues but I think Beoworld is unlikely to be able to help in this. Maybe a post on the official forum may get you a response - though an email to customer service is probably the most likely way to get a response. I would be interested in what they have to say so please let us know.
  • 04-27-2007 12:28 PM In reply to

Locked Contact
    I said the performance is mediocre for the money; I didn't say it was terrible
  • 04-27-2007 1:21 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Quote Gatex: that their main competitor doesn't even make audio or video products -  Which company are you talking about ? Who is the main competitor ?

Mercedes a car manufacturer - not joking, B&O AV products compete with car manufacturers for our money !!!

• 04-27-2007 1:26 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact
    tacobavaria:

I dont't care what is in, as long as it performs well and lasts.

Funny thing for me:
    Some complain about B&O sound, speaking about frequency ranges from 20 to 25.000 neglecting (rigth word??) the fact that most of us can only hear from 50 - 20.000 or even less. Finally they want to hook up iPods which use 100 - 15.000 Hz... 

iPods will run easily below 30 Hz, although they do roll off around 15 kHz as you say.

Most people can hear easily down to 20 Hz though, and often below! The BeoLab 5s start their frequency sweep at 19 Hz I believe (although there's a crosstone, which results in a harmonic at something stupid like 8 Hz), and it's possible to hear this tone in the right conditions.

Also, the frequency response of B&O gear is out of this world in comparison to most other hifi. BeoLab 5s, 9s or 3s will completely destroy any of the competition if you simply compare frequency response (which you would never do anyway). Many of the other products are some of the best out there as well (BeoSound 1 springs to mind).

Just to be sure about this, on a couple of occasions I could have sworn I saw uneven paint on a BeoSound 1 grille, but it always turned out to be the lighting, or reflection off a nearby surface (I imagine this could be an issue if you have a tiled or bright wooden floor). Are you certain this isn't the cause?

If so, as many others have said, contact B&O head office directly. They need to know as soon as possible if defective units are rolling out (which is unlikely). 

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-27-2007 2:18 PM In reply to

Locked Contact
    It was not the lighting and if you don't consider scratches and poor finish to be defects then I guess the units are just fine. Maybe you have money to waste, mate, but I do not!
  • 04-27-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Not sure we are going to resolve this one here as I have said before. There is no point in arguing with Tascam about what he saw as only he saw it and if he says they were scratched etc, that is clearly all that is important to him. I am very sorry your introduction to B&O has been so poor. At least it sounds as though you have an excellent system to take your mind off it! I am ending this thread at this point as I don't think the suggestions you are getting are helping!

Best wishes 

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3