in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-21-2008 4:12 PM by Toby. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2008 10:40 AM

Beocom 6000 - Help

Hello, I am new on here so I hope that this isn't a silly question. I also hope that this is the right location for the post as I couldn't find a better one.

My farther has four of the Beocom 6000 handsets and for the past year on one of them the back light has not worked on the LCD display, but now the LCD display is not working at all although you can still make calls on the phone. So basically the phone works and I know its the display that has gone.

So basically I was thinking if it is going to be cheaper to repair and buy a new one? I am in the UK so if anybody could suggest any idea of price, and / or somebody who can fix it it?

Thanks

Guy

• 03-21-2008 11:24 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beocom 6000 - Help

Hi & welcome to Beoworld.Smile

Member Keith Saunders seems to our resident beocom 6000 expert but I will throw in my tuppenorth of advice. It could be a rubber contact strip (called a zebra strip I think) between the PCB and the display which has deteriorated.

I may have a spare display knocking around somewhere if needs be, where are you located?

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-21-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocom 6000 - Help

Welcome to the forum Guy.

It will be cheaper to repair the phone. I would have thought around £30 ish.  Then again you ahve got some very capable people on here who will be able to help you. 

Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)