in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-19-2008 7:24 AM by juliangittoes. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-29-2008 1:34 PM

help! have i blown the datalink on my beosystem 3500

hi everyone, i have recently moved my beogram cd3500 away from my beomaster 3500 and found the datalink cable to be 6 inches too short, i couldn't find an extension cable (male to female) so set about making my own, i have made a data link cable before to connect my beovision lx5500 to my beocenter 9000 which was fine, but this time i was in a rush and connected the pins in the one end of the cable the opposite way.i connected this between the cd and amp and found that the data link didnt work the sound comes through but there is no control function between the cd and amp also the remote doesnt work, obviously this is the same fault as the amp revieves the i/r signal and sends the data to the cd. whilst connected this way, when i pressed the controls for the cd on the remote there was a beep emmited through the speakers, i realised what i had done and rewired the datalink cable, but when i linked it up again i had the same result only without the beep. thats when i started to worry so i put the cd back near the amp and connected the original cable back up without the extension. and it still did the same without the beep. can anyone tell me what i have done? have i blown something? b&o say they dont think i could have because of the low voltages involved but cant offer any other explanation. can anyone please tell me if there is anything i can do to fix this? or has anyone else ever had a similar problem? thanks julian
    ps. i have tried unplugging everything for a master reset with no luck
  • 02-29-2008 6:35 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: help! have i blown the datalink on my beosystem 3500

There are some protective diodes (zener's if my memory serves me right) built in to catch the fall in situations like this.
    You will have to check them and replace any (or all) in every datalink product connected including the Beomaster. Also in products that weren't connected when the fault occured but was connected later.

I've seen this fault with the 5000 and 5500 systems a couple of times. 

Martin

• 03-19-2008 7:24 AM In reply to

Re: help! have i blown the datalink on my beosystem 3500

havent been on for a bit, thanks dillen for yr advice unfortunately i read it just after connecting by beosysten 3500 to my beosystem 3000 and now they both dont work i was advised on here that it would be ok, but obviously wasnt now two of my systems are down ive been inside the 3000 and can see the zenner on the tape deck but having trouble distinguishing the ones in the beomaster 3000, any help would be appriciated, thank s

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)