in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-06-2007 5:53 AM by Keith Saunders. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2007 3:04 AM

• whotat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

B&O Penta 2 Parts / Amplifier

I burned out the module for my above speaker.  I think it incorporates the power supply, on/off switch, cross-over, amplifier...  where can i find one??  If anybody has one, pls email me at ronaldtanato@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks a million!

Filed under:
  • 06-02-2007 3:25 AM In reply to

Re: B&O Penta 2 Parts / Amplifier

whotat,

You say you "burnt out" the power supply module in your Penta speaker by which I assume you mean PCB1 (8002915) which contains part of the amplifier and the power supply.

When you say "burnt out" do you mean it went up in smoke and now there is nothing left of the board or do you mean it has an electronic fault which you may have caused ?

If the problem is in the power supply, then as it is quite a basic circuit it should be fixable.

Regards Keith....

• 06-06-2007 5:42 AM In reply to

• whotat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith, the thing burned and melted part of the whole thing.  I separated the module from the stand and speaker enclosure... Need to find a replacement one....

DO you know if I can convert the Penta 2 to a passive system?? Thanks!

• 06-06-2007 5:47 AM In reply to

You can certainly use it as a passive speaker but I would try to get it fixed! Parts are still available for the Mk3 which is to all intents the same as the Mk2. Where are you based?
  • 06-06-2007 5:53 AM In reply to

I agree with Peter, you should get it fixed or get the parts and fix it yourself.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)