in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-15-2008 2:27 PM by jk1002. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2008 10:47 PM

Watching TV while listening to Music

I have BV8 and BC2.

I like to connect a Wii and Appple TV and have the TV picture on but still listen to music from the BC2, either disc, radio or aux. I like all 3.

I searched here and found out about the AV "Source" procedure. Prssing AV TV and then CD or TV AV CD does not lead to the desired effect.

BC2 and BV8 are connected through Scart and Masterlink. The speakers are attached to the BV8.

Can anybody how this should work? Do I need to attach the speakers to the BC2?

Thanks

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-15-2008 2:27 PM In reply to

Re: Watching TV while listening to Music

I think I figured it out.

First I connected the speakers to the BC2. Then the AV was suddenly working. However I had to push additional AV Source to activate the Beolab 3s when watching TV. The Speaker 1 2 3 modes were not working though and I wasn't able to control the internal speaker of the BV8 anymore. Listening to CD and Radio while watching TV worked though. I needed to be able to switch the internal speaker off as I am planning to use the Apple TV for now as a music source and I dont want music to come through 3 speakers (intenal BV8 and external Lab 3).

So I switched the speakers back to the TV figuring that there must be a way to get playing a CD while watching TV to work since for most with surround this would be the common setup.

I am guessing the factory defaults for options are 1:1. So I flipped the TV to Option 2 and the BC2 to option 0. Pressing AV Source now allows you to play CD while watching TV. The only thing I can't do is switching to AUX. I think you need an older Beo4 for that as my current one required to push List before the AUX. However that is not critical to me.

I think it might be a very good idea to come up with a document for gold and silver members outlining recommended scenarios for using options and where to connect the speakers and what the benefits and restrictions are of the different scenarios.

I know we have a lot of knowledge about this here in the forum and I am just scratching on the surface of something very complicated. 

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)