in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2008 9:16 AM by a2bur. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2008 3:20 PM

Spanish sound

My sister is having my Bv3 and taking it to Spain but I remember something has to be done to it for Spanish Tv sound . Is this alteration a board or software ? She had an Mx off me a few years ago that also went out there but can't remember what had to be done to that one .
    Richard
  • 02-25-2008 6:14 AM In reply to

Re: Spanish sound

hi there

i moved to spain a few years ago and had my avant modified in uk before i went. they fit a new chip took about 15 mins apparently if you didnt have it done would get picture but no sound

get your dealer to arrange it

cheers

malcolm

• 02-25-2008 6:29 AM In reply to

As far as I am aware, the mod can be done via the service menu using the remote. Broadcast standards are different in the UK from the rest of Europe and even the European mainland countries can not agree.

The local service engineer can change the BV3 from I(the UK standard) to B/G (the standard used in spain). Should take no more than 5 minutes.

Regards Graham

• 02-25-2008 9:16 AM In reply to

Many thanks for the information , I'm having the replacement Tv delivered on Friday and will ask if he can do it then .
    RichardSmile
  • 03-09-2008 7:08 AM In reply to

My sister has decided to keep the Bv3 in the UK and has acquired an Avant 32 DVD that is now going to Spain . So I have the same question about the sound modification  ? I asked my dealer about it and he said the cost was £900 as sound board had to be replaced .
    Richard
  • 03-09-2008 7:21 AM In reply to

a2bur:
    My sister has decided to keep the Bv3 in the UK and has acquired an Avant 32 DVD that is now going to Spain . So I have the same question about the sound modification  ? I asked my dealer about it and he said the cost was £900 as sound board had to be replaced .
    Richard

I think that is wrong. The Avant DVD should work in Spain with a minor adjustment carried out in the service menu. However, I am always willing to be proved wrong so I suggest that Keith Saunders also comments on this please.

Regards Graham

• 03-09-2008 7:39 AM In reply to

my dealer changed avant before  i left uk cost in 1999 40 pounds

malcolm

• 03-09-2008 9:16 AM In reply to

Many thanks' for the replies , I'll tell her to try and get it done in Spain . It' not that important as they have Sky .
    Richard
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)