in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2008 1:55 AM by muntbeoman. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2008 6:30 PM

Will Beolab 4 work? Advice greatly appreciated !!

Hello to all BO fans here. Please help me figure out whether BeoLab 4 + PC/ iPod will be able sustain background music for a small livingroom party of 10 people and then become bedroom speakers?

Will this work at all? Is it possible or is it crazy? What other quick options are there?

Thank you !! I appreciate it greatly. 

• 02-25-2008 8:45 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Will Beolab 4 work? Advice greatly appreciated !!

For 'Background' music, they will do OK.  DO NOT expect to dance to them, and you'll be very happy, especially once they make it into the bedroom.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 02-25-2008 9:26 PM In reply to

If you ever plan on buying some more B&O, get the full version with powerlink from a B&O store. It's a bit more expensive but teh PC version does not have the powerlink connnections that all B&O audio systems are using.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-25-2008 9:35 PM In reply to

jk1002:

If you ever plan on buying some more B&O, get the full version with powerlink from a B&O store. It's a bit more expensive but teh PC version does not have the powerlink connnections that all B&O audio systems are using.

JK 

Agreed, I just sold my beolab 4 PCs for that reason.

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 02-26-2008 1:20 AM In reply to

Thank you for your replies !! Yes, I plan to buy the full version from the BO store.  I had put a hold in it till tomorrow and in such a rush I could not think of anything else that I wouldn`t have regretted later ..untill I got the idea that BL4 is suitable for computers only or for terribly small spaces. But I hear otherwise from you. It reinforces my prejudices.  I will go for it - at least I will be able to test it tomorrow. Thank you.
  • 02-26-2008 1:55 AM In reply to

I just have a pair installed in a room of 6x5 meters and another pair in a 10x5 room. And they do fill up the room quit easily. Ok, it aint no disco, but no background either. Sound quality is also quit good. A full and rich sound.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)