in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2008 6:36 AM by BeoFreaky. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-28-2007 7:18 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Welcome to the Beo5 Forum!

After brief discussion, it was unanimously decided that as the Beo5 will no doubt become a feature in a huge amount of homes - it was only fitting that we devote a forum to it in order to answer the many questions that are being asked about it.

Hopefully we can guide each other through the set-up process and learn together how to use it to its full potential. It really is a work of art and a piece of wizardry combined as many of our members are finding out for themselves!

Our moderating team, and member 'jandyt' are to thank for this forum - and i'm sure you will be hearing from them soon!

Lee
    Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-29-2007 2:13 AM In reply to

Re: Welcome to the Beo5 Forum!

Should be a great addition to the beoworld forums, brilliant idea. I would love to get a beo5, but im skint. Christmas is just around the corner though.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 09-29-2007 9:06 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

As there have been so many threads on the general forum concerning the Beo5 remote, this new forum is, hopefully, going to make it so much easier to locate what we need to know and what we can share about Beo5.
    Beo5 is in it's infancy therefore, those of us who own the first few of these are part of the learning curve, as we and our dealers gradually familiarise ourselves with this product.
    I would like to thank Lee for adding this forum, which will be really handy for asking and answering questions concerning the everyday use of Beo5.
    Also, as we find out new tips and tricks, we can now use this new forum to share them with other Beoworders.
    Mr Ander(son), Ed, Peter, myself and a few others will regularly visit this thread and endeavor to answer any questions we can.

Andy T. Big Smile

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-30-2007 4:19 AM In reply to

A great addition to the forum guys! My Beo5 arrives soon, so just an advanced warning that a few pestering little questions from me might begin to appear on this forum. Sad
  • 10-03-2007 12:54 PM In reply to

Great forum!

I am a little confused.

Can the Beo5 be programmed to control non-B&O devices? For instance, can it be programmed to control a SONY DVD player without the use of anything else than the Beo5?

form www.bang-olufsen.com I read:

» Can I control a set-top box (e.g. a digital satellite receiver) with my Beo5 remote control?

You can control most set-top boxes with your Beo5. Contact an authorised Bang & Olufsen retailer to find out which boxes are compatible and for which TVs.

When your retailer has programmed your Beo5 to match your set-top box, you can operate the set-top box with your Beo5, through the customised buttons in the Beo5 display.

What do you guys think?

Thanks 

• 10-03-2007 2:17 PM In reply to

With the current firmware the Beo5 does not control directly non-beo audio/video product, but relies on the PUC or STB-C in your TV, like the Beo4.

The difference is that it displays the specific buttons of your set top box on the Beo5 screen, so you do not have to remember that Go 1 is for Info, etc...

• 10-03-2007 2:17 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Beomedia.
    At the moment, Beo5 can control non B&O devices via a PUC (Peripheral Unit Controller) which most of us know as a Set top box controller.
    There is the fascility to add non B&O Infra-red signals at a later date but this is not enabled yet.
    I think the main purpose is for curtains, projectors and the like.
    Think of it from B&O's point of view. If Beo5 could control a Sony TV, then some people would go out and buy a Sony TV and a Beo5 and no other B&O products! This would be detrimental to B&O, do you not think?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-03-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

jandyt:

Think of it from B&O's point of view. If Beo5 could control a Sony TV, then some people would go out and buy a Sony TV and a Beo5 and no other B&O products! This would be detrimental to B&O, do you not think?

It is not the only problem. If you control an element directly from the Beo5, you cannot control it from a link room and you cannot hide it as it has to receive the IR ray directly.

So the PUC/STB-C is a better solution.

Recent B&O TVs can be flashed easily to upgrade the list of supported devices in the PUC.

• 02-19-2008 6:36 AM In reply to

the beo5 doesnt control directly your device (SONY DVD), to do this you should generate the right IR Codes (using the IR Table Generator) and load it into your B&O TV. a IR sensor conected between the TV and the DVD will give you the option to use your DVD. Your DVD model should be listed into the IR codes list, if not try to choose a similar one to opertate basic tasks only.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)