in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-17-2008 1:39 PM by mobeyone. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2008 1:24 PM

BS9000 wall mounting....

Well, just finished mounting my 9000 using a horizontal wall bracket when prior to this I was in my local DIY shop asking about suitable screws for the bracket when I was told was I mad to be mounting a heavy piece of equipment using what looks like a "inadequate" bracket?

2 screws! is this right? I have mounted and it looks and feels secure (in brick before anyone asks!) but has no one ever thought if this particular bracket is in fact suitable?

Just have nightmares about seeing the 9000 in bits all over the floor... 

• 02-16-2008 5:42 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Re: BS9000 wall mounting....

Have had mine like that for eight years. No problem. The player is only 11 kg and two screws is more than enough.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 02-16-2008 5:58 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Daniel:

Have had mine like that for eight years. No problem. The player is only 11 kg and two screws is more than enough.

Bear in mind Mobey fitted the screwsSurpriseLaughingLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-16-2008 6:01 PM In reply to

So long as you have used adequate screws into adequate rawl plugs and the brick is sound then no problem. I would guess 2 1/2" 10s into brown plugs.

The weight will be pulling down and not out. Imagine the biggest radiator in your house which is also full of water and will be very heavy. That will only be secured by two screws in each bracket. 

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 02-16-2008 7:00 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Puncher:

Does this statement imply that those screws could actually be nails as well

- the last two in the coffin of Mobey's BS9000? Big Smile

• 02-17-2008 6:33 AM In reply to

saf:
    Puncher:

Puncher:
    Daniel:

Bear in mind Mobey fitted the screwsSurprise

Does this statement imply that those screws could actually be nails as well

- the last two in the coffin of Mobey's BS9000? Big Smile

LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing

Well... I was planning on making a shrine in light of my "skills" to a certain Bob the builder!

But! Looks like its all good! I have used 1 3/4 with heavy duty wall plugs and its as solid as a rock...

Kind of a make shift, I would love to a "Mark" but simply havent got the time at the minute.. or the patience! Couple of pics from my iphone.

Still lots to do... 

• 02-17-2008 10:52 AM In reply to

hi mobey

i thought the same when i wall mounted mine, so i pulled myself up on the bracket first, thinking about it now i should have put 6 cds in my pocket too Stick out tongue , its been fine for months now

p.s is that the flos-ara lamp i see there, very nice

jay

jason

• 02-17-2008 11:16 AM In reply to

Iconic-AV:

hi mobey

i thought the same when i wall mounted mine, so i pulled myself up on the bracket first, thinking about it now i should have put 6 cds in my pocket too Stick out tongue , its been fine for months now

p.s is that the flos-ara lamp i see there, very nice 

jay

Hey up Jay,

Guess what I have been doing today! First thing I did was check the bracket for any movement or stress, none! happy days!

I also mounted my lab5000s.. again tried my hardest to pull them off and again ok! all linked and working!

Yep, its Starcks Ara.  I had been after one for ages... swmbo has tried to swipe it but no chance! Couple more photos of what I have been upto, kind of what Mark is doing but nowhere near as professional! just quick fixes until I can spend more time decorating later this year.

AV9000, lab8000s and lab2 will be moving here very soon! have a small cable problem... 

Love my B&O! 

• 02-17-2008 12:34 PM In reply to

hi mate,

hope you checked that the wires from the plug socket were going straight up the wall inside before you drilled the holes for the bracket, looks like it would have been pretty close, it made my hair stand on end thinking about itWink

i can see its going to look amazing, already looks pretty fantastic

are you going to plaster in the cables in or use the conduit types

p.s i bought my Ara lamp just on looks, it wasnt till i got home i saw it was Starcks Ara, the internal switch didnt work on mine, nothing a little reverse engineering and meccano didnt fix, although i was never completely sure i did it right, does yours switch on when you point it up and off when down as this always seemed backwards to me

jaySmile

jason

• 02-17-2008 1:39 PM In reply to

Didnt even think about that..... damn.  I just measured up and got stuck straight in... damn... close one?! and I am usually pretty cautious over electrics.

Cheers for the comments though! still some things that need doing, cables will "eventually" be chased into the wall but will have to conduit for the time being.  The walls ideally need reskimmimg, must have been done on the cheap by the last owner but I couldnt live with wallpaper so off the paper came!

Re Ara lamp, yes! must be a design quirk! I doubt it will be used to be honest, just for looks and imo one of the best lamps ever made.. I have sadly developed a fetish for lamps!

Cant believe the drilling malarky though...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)