in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-18-2008 1:14 PM by Keith Saunders. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2008 6:59 AM

USB port not recognizing BEO5

Last week I installed the software for the BEO5. And after that I did some practice without the BEO5 connected. Yesterday I have got the config file from my dealer and now it is the time to connect the BEO5 to the PC. This was not working out correctly. First attempt: unkown device cannot start the device. Second attempt: I pointed to the directory where the drivers is and still not working. But now there is no message at all after connecting the BEO5 to the USB port and it is not working.

Can someone help me out?

Piet van der Zalm

• 01-29-2008 7:49 AM In reply to

Re: USB port not recognizing BEO5

Check the Beo5 forum I had some previous correspondence on this which might help. Broadly in my case since the end of December my local dealer has not been able to update/ personalise my Beo5. I was told in early January to phone back in February and hopefully B&O will have sorted the software by then.

At present I have paid money for a remote which has been sitting in the dealer's shop for the last 6 weeks. If a solution is not available in February and the Beo5 can still not be linked to their software/ computer to allow it to be programmed I think I may be asking for my money back. Hopefully your problem is sorted more easily.

• 01-29-2008 8:14 AM In reply to

I found the item. It is about rebooting of the BEO5. To bad, it's not working. Meanwhile I have found out that the program Windows defender is causing a problem during installation of the USB driver. So I stopped the Defender (put it on manual) and reboot the PC. Also this is not working. I think I have to remove the installed USB driver and than start over again (without the Windows Defender). But how do you remove an installed USB driver???
  • 01-29-2008 8:24 AM In reply to

You do not have to wait until February to get both your problems resolved.

There are several issues related to the USB and non detection of the Beo5, but all are resolvable except one and that one is if your PC has an USB controller made by SIS or it uses the SIS chipset. However, if your PC has previously downloaded to the Beo5, then this is NOT your problem.

The following are the steps you should take to resolve you issues:-

• First power down your Beo5 by pressing the centre OK button for about 5 seconds or until it switches off, then switch it back on again and place it on the base.
    • If that does not resolve the issue, ensure you are using the Configuration Tool version 1.02 because if your Beo5 firmware is not up to date then you may also have this type of problem. This updated version which was released to dealers last year also updated the firmware in the Beo5.
    • If you still have a problem, then plug the base into a different USB port which will force Windows to load another copy of the driver.

If you still have problems, then please get back to me.

You may wish to review the Beo5 Information & Resource FAQ pages HERE

Also the list of known problems HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-29-2008 8:45 AM In reply to

How do I know if the chipset is made by SIS? The PC I'am working on now is a Dell Optiplex SX280 with a Celeron processor. Downloading to the BEO5 hasn't worked because the driver installation failed. For some reason there is no message at all when connecting the BEO5 (the first 2 attempts did something). Also rebooting of the BEO5 doesn't work. The USB port is working. When I connect an other device is will do oke. Also in the device manager there nothing to see whats look like a BEO5. When I put a USB memory stick in the same port, I see the device in de list and it is working.

When connected to the USB port, the word charging is on top of the display.

• 01-29-2008 9:42 AM In reply to

Piet van der Zalm:

How do I know if the chipset is made by SIS? The PC I'am working on now is a Dell Optiplex SX280 with a Celeron processor. Downloading to the BEO5 hasn't worked because the driver installation failed. For some reason there is no message at all when connecting the BEO5 (the first 2 attempts did something). Also rebooting of the BEO5 doesn't work. The USB port is working. When I connect an other device is will do oke. Also in the device manager there nothing to see whats look like a BEO5. When I put a USB memory stick in the same port, I see the device in de list and it is working.

When connected to the USB port, the word charging is on top of the display.

I found out that the chipset is Intel(R) 82801 USB devices. Should be working but not in my case. There is devently something wrong with the installation of the driver. I don't know how to remove it of reinstall it.

• 01-29-2008 9:45 AM In reply to

I am assuming from your statement that your PC has never worked with your Beo5 ? Please confirm ?

Are you using version 1.02 of the Beo5 Configuration Tool ?

I think the best way to approach your problem is to un-install the driver if it has been installed.

To see the exact status of all your USB ports download HERE a small program which will give you a complete view of all your USB connections, working or not.

If it does not show a Beo5, then the driver is not loaded, which I think is most likely given everything else works. Look in "Device Manager" and see if any device has a yellow "!" next to it, if so that means it has detected the device, but cannot understand what the device is.

If this is the case, right click on the device with the yellow "!" and click "Update driver" which will force the driver wizard to run. Do NOT use the automatic driver loading, but click the manual and tell it where the driver. It is looking for a file called "Beo5Usb.inf" located in the following location:-

C:\Program Files\Bang & Olufsen\Beo5 Configuration Tool\Beo5Driver

You will need to manually browse to it and you will have to tell the Windows wizard the location twice.

Regards Keith....

• 01-29-2008 11:16 AM In reply to

Hello Keith,

Yes the PC has never worked before with the BEO5 and Yes I am using version 1.02.

For some reason its working now.

The story: I didn't know what to do and I want to be sure that the BEO5 (or docking station) was working. So I connected the BEO5 with my old laptop and new hardware was found there. A confirmation that the BEO5 stuff was still working. Back to de Dell PC and surprice surprice: new hardware was found. Now I had the possibility to install the driver and its working.

I still don't understand why it was not working before. I rebooted the BEO5 several times, tried all the USB ports. Beets me.

Thanks for the help.

Piet

• 01-29-2008 11:49 AM In reply to

Sometimes, even after the Beo5 has been re-booted (switched off/on) it still seems to have its USB port in a locked up situation.

Clearly the action of taking it to the other PC cleared the problem, so that's good.

Regards Keith....

• 02-18-2008 11:53 AM In reply to

have you solved your beo5 problem? in which city are you? Regards, BeoFreaky

• 02-18-2008 1:14 PM In reply to

Piet's problems were resolved.. thanks for coming back on his problem...

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)