in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-14-2008 3:28 PM by Keith Saunders. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2008 1:15 PM

Beo 5 tomorrow

I am getting my Beo 5 tomorrow , I know very little about it but got to have one . It is being programmed for two different rooms ( tv , sat , dvd , stb , audio ect. )  , although I have a house full of B&o I thought this was enough for a start . Can someone give me a description of what I can do and change myself . There appears to be a few things people have managed to do that I suspect isn't in the handbook , Logo's look interesting . 
    Richard
  • 02-13-2008 3:06 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beo 5 tomorrow

Sadly Richard, there is very little you can do yourself unless you have the software. Dealers are often reluctant to give the software to customers. It's against B&O's policy.
    You could find logos and take them to your dealer to add.
    Keith Saunders has compiled masses of logos and other buttons for use.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-13-2008 3:39 PM In reply to

Hello Jantyt . I'll have a play with if for a while but knowing me I will  want more , like the little Logo's , can these be assigned to favourite Sat channels like Hallmark , UK Gold ect. ? Pity the dealer can't program it over the net , USB to your computer and give him access to download to it .
    Richard
  • 02-13-2008 3:47 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Richard, I reccomend that you use it for a month, and write down any changes you would like. Believe me, there will be plenty!
    You can take this list to your dealer later. Any logo can be assigned to any channel. I hope you enjoy it.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-14-2008 2:16 AM In reply to

Richard,

I suggest you start by reading HERE

After that I suggest you come back and post all the questions you may have...

What country are you in ?

Regards Keith....

• 02-14-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

Hello Keith . I like near Peterborough UK . Do some dealers give out the software config. program ? Be nice to change it myself . I can see problems having to take it 40 miles to update it only to find when I get home it's doesn't do what I asked for .
    Richard
  • 02-14-2008 3:00 AM In reply to

Hello Richard,

The Beo5 Configuation Tool software was built by B&O in a manner to allow the dealers to provide what their customers want and also allowing them to generate extra revenue. The major issues are two fold, many customers like yourself live a long way from a dealer and secondly many dealers do not have the time to keep making the requested changes.

So, some of the dealers, normally the ones with limited staff provide the software to their customers. In some countries this is done with the blessing of B&O, so the bottomline is that some dealers will provide the software, but they are in a minority in the UK

In my view, B&O should have produced a piece of software free to users to allow them to download configurations produced by the dealer, that way a dealer can make some changes, then e-mail the configuration to the user to be downloaded into the Beo5, unfortunately they did not do this.

Did you look at the web pages I have produced on teh Beo5 ?

Regards Keith....

• 02-14-2008 5:05 AM In reply to

Yes , I did look and read every word , excellent and my congratulations , very informative , liked the F.A.Q. it covered many of my queries . Just going to give my local B&o a call and give them a prod , they did say it would be ready today .  I know what you say about this device generating extra revenue for them , but would also work if you could customise it yourself , you might discover something it can do and have to buy the equipment so you could utilise it . I got a BeoLink7000 a while back and then had to get something two way so the clock showed .
    Richard
  • 02-14-2008 9:48 AM In reply to

Richard,

When you visit your dealer, why not ask him if he has download the logos from this site ? if not, why not get him to do so, then he will be able to use them for your Beo5.

Regards Keith....

• 02-14-2008 1:39 PM In reply to

Hi Keith . Just got home with it and is now charging up . He knows the equipment I have and I gave him my favourite Sat channels this morning so was programmed when I got there . I got him to add the Sky Planner while I was there but doesn't work on getting home  , he was scratching his head a bit to find the code required as he was doing it . First impressions , very nice but falls over easily when off the charger . I did mention this site for the logo's , he knows of the site but said he has already got them but where from I don't know . Can I download the logo's and view them , I know i can't do anything with them without the software but as least I can see what's available and could prefer yours to what he installed ?
    Richard
  • 02-14-2008 3:28 PM In reply to

Richard,

I am pleased you now have your Beo5.

The Beo5 Software Tool has a very large number of Icons for Worldwide TV stations, however it means the dealer has to add each one manually which is very time consuming, that's why I created templates for both Sky and Freeview, so then it is just one click and its done which are on this web site for download. Also many of the B&O supplied logos are not that good (i.e. size & definition), compare the ones for example on your Beo5 with the ones below

logos

You point about the Beo5 falling over if not on the charger is true, but as the user manual says, its designed to always be left on the charger when not actually being used.

You can download any of the files on the site and view them. If you extract them as described on the Beo5 site they will end up in a sub-directory of "Program Files" because they are intended to work with the tool, but you can view the logos at the following directory location after they are extracted:-

C:\Program Files\Bang & Olufsen\Beo5 Configuration Tool\Images\Logos

You can get to the Beo5 download page HERE

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)