in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-04-2007 1:01 PM by jk1002. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2007 7:57 AM

Fully integrated iPod idea

I have an idea and don't know if this is possible.

I know that Ridax sells a dock for an iPod that allows control through a Beo4 but that it only integrates as part of datalink. That's fine and useful if you have that system, if not then you can control it in one room only not as part of datalink. I also saw a dock the other day made by Onkyo I think that displays what's on the iPod screen on a TV - so you can see and choose tracks, albums, playlists etc as well as view photos.

So what if an iPod dock was built around that one, but was setup as VTAPE2 or VAUX or something, that way you could plug it in to third scart socket of say an Avant and control it via VAUX - the advantages would be that you could then see and control what's happening on the screen of your TV and any other TV that is part of a link system.

Has anyone done this?, I know that you can use a computer but the iPod is more convenient and means you could impress your friends when they come round with their iPods!

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 05-04-2007 12:38 PM In reply to

Re: Fully integrated iPod idea

Sounds like you need to commission Ridax!
  • 05-04-2007 1:01 PM In reply to

Re: Fully integrated iPod idea

If I recall correct the ipod does not display the menu via TV out so his modified Ipod dock wouldn't work I guess.

This does, so he would have to rebuilt a dock like his one that can bring a menu onto the TV.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)