in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2008 5:59 AM by beocool. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2008 12:28 PM

color "probes" of TV housings

Does anyone know if there are small color "probes" of the AVANT and AV5 housings available for repair of scratches? I'm thinking of such kind available to remove the scratches of a car.

Cheers, Marcus 

• 02-21-2008 2:40 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: color "probes" of TV housings

Marcus, I believe the Avants used BMW paint colours. Not sure which ones though.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-21-2008 3:20 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

The silver ones certainly used BMW colours, not sure about other colours though.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-22-2008 12:27 AM In reply to

OK, thanks for the information. I'm looking for color code of the silver Avant and the pearly tan AV5 then.

Marcus 

• 02-22-2008 2:28 PM In reply to

• Ben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2007
    • Taunton, UK
    • Posts 131
    • Silver Member

Any good auto paint supply shop will carry a spectrometer. Its a gizmo which they press up against the original painted surface, then the computer tells them what quantities to mix the paint in to achieve the exact same shade. I've had spray cans mixed for me this way, but they can mix touch up pens or even larger quantities.

Maybe you could either take the TV with you, or offer them a couple of drinks to make a house call.

If I remember correctly, the BMW silver is Arctic silver 309.

Cheers,

Ben

• 02-22-2008 2:35 PM In reply to

But later they changed it to 354, titan silber... A bit lighter shade of silver compared to the earlier one...

BV10, Avant DVD, BL5, BL4000, BS2300, BV6-26, MX 4002, 2xBeocom 6000, LC2

• 02-22-2008 2:54 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

The silver ones certainly used BMW colours, not sure about other colours though.

Chris.

I thought all the colours were BMW ones. Well you live and learn.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-23-2008 3:27 AM In reply to

Great info, thanks guys.

What about the pearly tan AV5, any chance to get the color number?

I don't want to carry it to the paintshop, as the problem with the rub marks appeared during the last transport :-(

Marcus 

• 02-23-2008 5:59 AM In reply to

marcus_m:

Great info, thanks guys.

What about the pearly tan AV5, any chance to get the color number?

I don't want to carry it to the paintshop, as the problem with the rub marks appeared during the last transport :-(

Marcus 

I am not entirely sure, but I think the colour you mean is ambra (amber metallic). The BMW colour code for this paint is 476. Another code for this paint is 51910137937.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)