in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-12-2008 10:01 PM by beomud. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2008 10:01 PM

Configuring BL8000 + BL7-4 + BL2 + BS1 for the best sound

Hello all!

As you can see I have a quite unusual set up here. I have a pair of BL8000 connected to the BeoSystem1, with the BL2 sub originally. However, I'm impressed with the new ALT technology being able to produce a much more crisper, 3-dimensional human voice, so I added a BL 7-4 to my set up.

So far I'm quite happy with this addition. I don't think I need to emphasise how awesome this set up perform in movies. But even when I play music in Speaker 3 mode, the 7-4 brought about vocals that stand out far more than what comes out of the BL8000 in Speaker 2 mode. Also the 7-4 in the centre means now the sound stage feels like the singer is standing right in front of me while the instruments play on the background.

However, it is not perfect yet. If I play in Speaker 3 mode, the BL8000 would play much softer (lower volume) than the 7-4, so the sound coming from the centre speaker is much more prominent than what comes out of the side speakers. That means during a song, the singer's voice in the center would be significantly louder than the sound of musical instruments that comes out of both sides. I would like a bit more balance on that front. However, I like Speaker 3 mode, as voice coming out of 7-4 is so much better than out of the BL8000 in Speaker 2 mode, even though the instruments are louder in Speaker 2 mode.

I did some finetuning with settings. I set the Speaker output to be slightly louder for the front left and right (I can't change the setting for the centre in Beosystem1?). That improved it quite a bit.

Do you have any other suggestions on how I can set this up so I can have a slightly more balanced volume and being able to play through all 3 speakers on the front for music? I've also turned off Loudness, but I can't tell a huge difference. I've also tried varying the Speaker distance, also not much effect.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Beomud

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)