in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-18-2008 9:43 AM by Alex. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2008 2:11 PM

BeoVision7 echo on Airport

Hi - newbie here.  Anyone here know which input to use on a Beo7 so I can stream iTunes via Airport?  Currently I have it connected via VMEM and am getting a really distracting sound lag of maybe a tenth of a second while using multiple speakers. The other speakers are playing ahead of the Beo7 so you get a distracting echo effect.  Also the screen partially illuminates too - which is not necessary just for sound, and suggests thee must be a better way of doing it.  I previously had a perfect set up via the aux input of my BeoCenter 2 but traded that for the 7.  Any ideas?

Filed under: , , ,
  • 02-17-2008 2:21 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision7 echo on Airport

You'll need to connect it via a BeoSound (such as the BeoSound 4 or 9000). When you connect it directly into the BeoVision 7, it will delay the sound very slightly to make it 'line up' with any video it's processing. Obviously there is no video input, but the BeoVision 7 doesn't know that...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-17-2008 2:54 PM In reply to

Thanks - so there's no way to by-pass the video element and just use the 7's speaker set up? If not, what does the A.MEM input do? Cheers!
  • 02-18-2008 9:43 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The 'A.MEM' button on your remote control accesses either the A.MEM or TAPE function on your BeoSound, it's not a function the TV handles...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)