in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-29-2008 10:10 PM by TheMajor. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2008 8:02 AM

How rare are Beosound ones in.............

sunburst yellow. I would love to buy one or just the grille. How much do the grilles go for? (on ebay)

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 01-20-2008 8:22 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: How rare are Beosound ones in.............

There were only 1,000 produced.  Each carried a series number as well as the normal serial number.  The Asking price should be higher than normal, assuming that the seller knows what he has.

You will not be able to order the replacement grille in the bright yellow without providing B&O with the 8 digit serial number.  Denmark is trying to help protect the original owner's investment. 

They are really pretty though.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-20-2008 8:48 AM In reply to

I know about the number. I was lucky and found a grill on the Japanese Yahoo auction and won it for what I think is a good price. I am going to keep it as I love that colour and intend on keeping my Beosound one for ever as a bedroom stereo.I am just wondering how much of a bargain I got.

• 01-20-2008 10:15 AM In reply to

Well how much did you win it for?

I don't even think I have seen this limited edition colour. If you could post some photos TheMajor, that would be really good.

• 01-20-2008 10:49 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I'd like to know the price too.  Standard color grilles are in the $300 range here in the US.

Color, btw is similar to the yellow on the BeoCom 2.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-20-2008 10:55 AM In reply to

Thanks for the reply Russ. I always thought that goldy yellow coloured grill was a standard colour.

White remains my favourite colour for the BeoSound 1 though.

• 01-20-2008 12:23 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Henry:

I always thought that goldy yellow coloured grill was a standard colour.

As far as I know there is a standard yellow/gold colour available, but is is different to the limited edition version. Seem to remeber there been a thread about this on the old forum when the colour was released.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-20-2008 2:31 PM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 1 is a very special product, timeless design. However, it's unbelieveable it hasn't got RDS, especially because it's a portable radio.

• 01-20-2008 2:44 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The Ltd Edition Yellow/Gold is actually almost identical to the BeoCom 2 Yellow actually - good call !

The 'Gold' they do now is much less yellow, but still looks ok.  Personally, my favourite is the classic Silver!

I too have a little story about the Ltd Edition BeoSound 1 Grille.  I won one on ebay for £35 about 3 years ago, and it never stated what colour it was.  I took a chance at £35, as even if it was a less desirable colour it was still a bargain seeing as it was "boxed and unused".  My eyes nearly fell out of my head when i cracked the box open to see it was a Limited Edition Gold one!!!

Yes -  thumbs up 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-20-2008 3:43 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

9 LEE:

The Ltd Edition Yellow/Gold is actually almost identical to the BeoCom 2 Yellow actually - good call !

The 'Gold' they do now is much less yellow, but still looks ok.  Personally, my favourite is the classic Silver!

I too have a little story about the Ltd Edition BeoSound 1 Grille.  I won one on ebay for £35 about 3 years ago, and it never stated what colour it was.  I took a chance at £35, as even if it was a less desirable colour it was still a bargain seeing as it was "boxed and unused".  My eyes nearly fell out of my head when i cracked the box open to see it was a Limited Edition Gold one!!!

Yes -  thumbs up 

Do I take it the seller did not know what it was then.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-20-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

He never said, i never asked - and at that price i assume he had no idea!

Don't worry - things like that happen for me about once every 5 years.. Laughing

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-20-2008 4:18 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

One of my best Ebay buys was about 12 months ago. It just said something like B&O Amp, Turntable & Speakers. For some reason the seller had taken 4 photos and then put them all into one. All I can assume it was to cut down on the listing fees.Asked a few questions and got some vague replies. So I bid £10 and left it at that. Ended up getting the lot for £6.01, drove to collect it and could not believe what was there. When he opened his front door there were 3 original B&O boxes in his Hallway. It was a Beocenter4000 (Early Type) an absolute mint Begram 1500 and a mint pair of Beovox P45's. There was also a bar type AM aeriel with the Beocenter. As you say it does not happen very often but it is nice when it does.

CraigSmile

• 01-20-2008 7:09 PM In reply to

I managed to get it for 60 quid delivered. He says it was in reasonable condition with a little dusty. I am going to buy the becom 2 in gold too. I just love that phone and colour.

I am really happy that managed to get one as I tried about 3 years to buy a gold and had no lucky, so I bought a new last year. So this way, I get the good colour along with the newer features of the BS1. I am going to bid on some penta 3s that need repairing for pretty damn cheap. 

• 01-29-2008 10:10 PM In reply to

I got the grill a few marks here and there but nothing too bad. I have to say that the gold in the flesh is much better than any picture I have ever seen. I am loving it.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)