in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-30-2008 12:44 PM by wirralsimon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2008 10:56 PM

• pmsummer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-08-2007
    • Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

MMC-10EN question.

Does anyone have any information on this cartridge and how it might differ from the others in the MMC line?

Someone who has one says the stylus is removable. He doesn't mean from the "headshell", but he says the stylus tip is removable from the cartridge body (and I don't think he means breaking it off). I'd look at it, but he's 3000 miles away from me.

simul iustus et peccator
  • 01-30-2008 1:46 AM In reply to

Re: MMC-10EN question.

It isn't! It is much the same as the MMC20E but was offered as the basic cartridge in the US. The stylus is not replaceable. The picture shows it in a P mount which allows it to be fitted to standard arms.

Not worth very much in my opinion as it will be old and the suspension will have hardened. 

• 01-30-2008 9:01 AM In reply to

• pmsummer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-08-2007
    • Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

That confirms what I thought. The owner keeps saying the stylus is removable. He just wants to try it on an old Technics TT, which would probably be fine (stiff suspension not withstanding).

Thanks! 

simul iustus et peccator
  • 01-30-2008 12:44 PM In reply to

As I discovered when our 4 year old got hold of my MMC20E the stylus is removable.

The design flaw is that it doesn't go back in! 

Luckily the suspension had already failed so no real harm was done, but it was a lesson learned!

Simon 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)