in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2008 5:23 AM by JC. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2007 11:17 AM

• Tayne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-31-2007
    • Posts 23
    • Bronze Member

Anodised Aluminium - re-finishing.

I have a pair of Bolab 6000 speakers in blue - which was a mistake with hindsight...  

I seem to remember there is a chap who can re-finish the aluminium to change the colour - are you out there? or can anyone tell me which member he is?

• 11-22-2007 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: Anodised Aluminium - re-finishing.

Anodization is not a finishing process in the traditional sense, so re-anodizing would not be a practical option. However... depending on just how regretful you are, you may want to have your dealer give you a quote on a cabinet change. It's two shells and two tops and they're not tremendously expensive. What may vary wildly is the labor required to change them out. Otherwise, just rediscover your love for blue speakers!

Good luck! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-22-2007 12:36 PM In reply to

Yes there was a guy who could replace the coloured finishes with a gleaming chrome like finish. It was discussed on the old forum but I don't remember his name or indeed if he is a member now.

I believe that Lee at Lifestyle-AV used him and may well have contact details. Suggest you PM member 9 LEE.

Regards Graham

• 01-21-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

• andy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

It's been such a long time since i last logged into Beoworld, i forgot just how busy it is.

The name your looking for with regards to colour removal was Andy T, now its plain old Andy! Me.

I'm still doing my magic on the beolab range, and now offer a home service for larger speakers (BL1s). If you require any further information prices etc please let me know.

Best Regards Andy  

• 01-22-2008 3:33 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Welcome back Andy!

I wondered where you'd got toSmile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-22-2008 8:12 PM In reply to

• andy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

Hi Tayne,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply just been wrapped up in renovating my home! anyway if your Beolab 6000s are still in need of a face lift i would be more than happy to do them for you, however i can only offer one option of silver (mirror finish), a truly stunning finish that reflects its surroundings, don't take my word for it ask Lee or Matt from Lifestyle Av.

I would normally charge £140 for doing this to a pair of 6000s but I'm willing to do your pair for £60,

Best Regards Andy    

• 01-22-2008 8:23 PM In reply to

• andy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Chris, its a pleasure to be back.Big Smile

• 01-22-2008 9:53 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

andy:

Hi Tayne,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply just been wrapped up in renovating my home! anyway if your Beolab 6000s are still in need of a face lift i would be more than happy to do them for you, however i can only offer one option of silver (mirror finish), a truly stunning finish that reflects its surroundings, don't take my word for it ask Lee or Matt from Lifestyle Av.

I would normally charge £140 for doing this to a pair of 6000s but I'm willing to do your pair for £60,

Best Regards Andy   

WOW bargain! Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-23-2008 5:23 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

andy:

Hi Tayne,

Best Regards Andy    

That is a good price. Think you might be inundated Andy. Hope your house is finishedBig Smile

Jonnie

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)