in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2008 9:27 PM by darioazul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2008 2:01 AM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

New SW picture update 4.01 available for BV 7-40 MK III

BeoVision 7-40 MK III and interference in picture at short viewing distance

Information valid for: BeoVision 7 - 40 MK III

Last modified: 17-01-2008 08:23:22

Some retailers and customers find that the picture quality of BeoVision 7-40 MK III is not as good as that of

BeoVision 7-40 MK II and that there is a larger degree of interference in the picture. This is due to the fact

that BeoVision 7-40 MK III has been optimised to display more details than MK II. In MK II we used a large

amount of noise reduction which made the picture more blurred and slowed down transitions.

This optimisation means that the picture quality of BeoVision 7-40 MK III is very high when watching

television from the optimum viewing position which is 3 metres from the television. However, being closer

to the television, the picture appears with more interference. Much of this interference is caused by the

MPEG 2 compression used for DVD and DVB.

When you inform customers of the BeoVision 7-40 MK III, you must also inform him of the conditions for

the optimum viewing experience and that is the correct distance.

We have now made a special service software version 4.01 (build 326). In this software we have added the

option of adjusting the sharpness of the picture. In the Customer Service Menu under "PICTURE

ADJUSTMENTS", you will now see a line called "SHARPNESS LEVEL", selecting a lower value in this menu will

make the picture slower an remove some of the finer details.

Adjusting the "SHARPNESS LEVEL" down to "00" will make the picture slower than on the BeoVision 7-40

MK II, therefore please be careful not to 'exaggerate' the adjustment. This service software is only meant

for use in shops.

ServiceTool MK 2 will be updated with this new software as soon as possible.

Note: This is the same sharpness adjustment tool you can find in the Service Menu.

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 01-22-2008 2:08 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: New SW picture update 4.01 available for BV 7-40 MK III

Beolab, I've dropped my sharpness down to 12 and it seems a good compromise between good quality SD broadcasts and HD. Tried 10, but HD seemed to suffer slightly (not as sharp).

Watching Chronicles of Narnia right now - mainly for the PQ - on Sky One HD and I can't see how it could be bettered. Absolutely superb PQ.

Now, I only wish the BBC would show the FA Cup on their HD channel as they did in 2007 :(

• 01-22-2008 9:27 PM In reply to

Re: New SW picture update 4.01 available for BV 7-40 MK III

Dear All:  

How does the update affect owners of BV 40 mark III?  My dealer is faraway.  Is it possible to do the upgrade at home?  

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)