in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2007 11:35 AM by Coolskin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2007 5:21 AM

Listening your iTunes wirelfiles in your system ? How to ?

How can i listen my entire collection of music that i have in my pc in my B&O system ?

I intend to connect my pc to my sound system in wireless mode.

I know that i can accomplish this using BeoMedia 1 but that doesn't suits my needs, then i thougt i'd use Apple TV, but a doubt came across my mind.

Can u use BeoPort and Wireless 1 ?

Wireless 1 is primary used to distribute sound to other room, i know that, but using W1 it would be perfect.

And to wrap it up, if i have to use the Apple TV solution, can i use the Beo4 to manage it; i read in a post that the future Beo5 would do the treat.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-05-2007 6:15 AM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Re: Listening your iTunes wirelfiles in your system ? How to ?

The easiest way, I think, would be to buy an Apple Airport Express base. You will then also need a cable with 3.5 mm jackplug to 5-pin DIN male.

The base is a wireless router and a USB printer terminal as well. From personal experience it works extremely well and is very easy to set up. 

• 05-05-2007 6:20 AM In reply to

It's a solution of course, but using an Apple AirPort Express i can just broadcast sound and i would like to controll all the iTunes features, move between the albums, playlist an do on.

Perhaps the Apple TV solution would be better don't you think ?

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-05-2007 11:35 AM In reply to

Did you read the "BM-link 1.5" forum thread?

TV + Mac Mini + Beoport + SW BM-Link + SW FrontRow = full control on your TV

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)