in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-31-2008 6:49 PM by beobres. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2008 11:33 AM

Apple TV connected to BeoCenter2 and Avant

Hi, I want to buy Apple TV but am not Sure if i can connect it to my BeoCenter 2 and my Avant (old Version with VideoTape). Does anyone have experience with such connection and can give me some advise.

Many thanks!

Peter 

• 03-28-2008 8:14 PM In reply to

Re: Apple TV connected to BeoCenter2 and Avant

Hi Peter~~

I have an AppleTV connected to my old Avant, and it's really great.  Since the AppleTV only has HDMI and component video out, you will need an adapter to connect to your Avant.  I use this one:

http://www.svideo.com/appletv2tv.html 

I don't believe you can control the AppleTV with your Beo4 remote in an Avant set-up.  At least I can't in mine.  (I also have a BeoCenter3/BeoVison 4-50 with AppleTV and the newer system works fine with the Beo4, so maybe there is a more recent sw update for the Avant which will allow the Beo4 to work with AppleTV.) 

Good luck with your set-up.

Todd 

• 03-29-2008 12:26 AM In reply to

You will be able to control the ATV if you add a Lintronic unit. I did, and it's great.
  • 03-31-2008 7:12 AM In reply to

Thanks Todd, i am in the US this week and will take the risk and buy the converter and the apple tv. I assume the the quality is good otherwise you would not be so  excited. correct?
  • 03-31-2008 6:49 PM In reply to

Hi Peter~~

Yes, I have to say I love the AppleTV-- I have three of them in my house.  One connected to the Avant in our study, one connected to our main B&O system in the den, and one connected to a non-B&O system in our bedroom.

Video quality on the AppleTV/Avant is at 480p and seems at least as good as DVD quality to my eyes. It's a great video and audio server. I don't know if Apple offers its video rental service yet in your country, but if/when they do, it is very convenient and video quality is excellent, especially for compressed files.

Enjoy your stay and hope you let us know how you like the set up when you get home.

Todd 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)