in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-06-2007 3:39 PM by Jandyt. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2007 6:05 PM

• tony
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • Cononley
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Fast Forward through A.Aux. recording on Beosound 4?

Hi All,

Not visited the site for a while, and WOWParty!!! big changes!! Still finding my way round. Good to see Beoworld lives on.

I just recorded some old LPs onto the SD card on my Beosound 4, using the A.Aux input. I stopped the recording at the end of each side of the LP, then started again after flipping the vinyl. So I now have an A.Aux folder with several sub folders, each sub folder being one side of the LP.

Trouble is when I play them back, I can't find a way of "fast forwarding" through the timing on any one sub folder. If I press the >> button on the BS4 the SD card moves to the next main folder. Same thing on the Beo 4. If I press the ^ arrow on Beo 4 it skips to the next sub folder on the A.Aux recording. Anybody figured out a way to fast forward through a recording?

Crazy thing is I could fast forward through an LP from the comfort of my chair 15 years ago with a Beogram 9500 Wink That's progress for you.

Please don't tell me I need to stop & start the recording between each track on the LP.

Tony

• 05-05-2007 6:16 PM In reply to

Re: Fast Forward through A.Aux. recording on Beosound 4?

I digitise a lot of LPs but would suggest doing it on your computer. You can then record them onto CD and if you use the correct software, the tracks can be identified and named automatically. You can then put them on your SD card and you will be able to skip happily from track to track. I use a Mac and Toast with CD spin Doctor. I am sure there are plenty of similar programs for PC.
  • 05-05-2007 6:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Tony and welcome to the new forum!
    While you are finding your way around, I hope you come across the bit where the advantages of becoming a Gold member are explainedWink
    There's still availability to become a founder member and get a cherrished"f" and just look at those potential prizes!!
    Goodness, I should have been a salesman.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-06-2007 3:01 AM In reply to

• tony
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • Cononley
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

The very thought of it. A Lancastrian convincing a Yorkshireman to part with his brass.[:'(]

But I am happy to upgrade my membership to support Beoworld. I've had lot's of help & advice in the past, especially from Peter, and £30 a year is not a lot in return. Not too sure why the box on the left still shows as Bronze though. When I log on it now shows me as a Gold member. 

Tony

• 05-06-2007 3:10 AM In reply to

• tony
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • Cononley
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Embarrassed looks like it sorted itself out.
  • 05-06-2007 3:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice one Yes

Now, were the hell is Cononley?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)