in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2007 5:33 PM by Jacob. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2007 5:19 PM

• Jacob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

New owner of old Beomaster 1900

Hi Everyone, first time on this forum. I have just become a proud owner of a Beomaster 1900 Tuner/Amp and a Beogram 1102, it seems to work but needs some TLC, any advice would be great. I think the balance slider may be broke, both P30 speakers are plugged into channels 1 & 2 but fader on balance cuts both out when pulled down. Again any advice would be great.
    Jacob Lovatt
  • 12-26-2007 5:33 PM In reply to

Re: New owner of old Beomaster 1900

Are you sure they are in the correct speaker outlets? There are four outputs - Speaker 1 - Right and Left - and Speaker 2 - Right and Left.

The 1900 is not one I would recommend taking apart if this is your first repair! tricky to put back together! We do have the service manual though. 

• 12-27-2007 12:27 PM In reply to

• Jacob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Peter.

You may be right but I think I have tried all other variations which is why I think something maybe wrong. I'm going to check all connections and pray a little. Hopefully my local B&O store can help with a service as I am not going to try and repair it.

Jacob Lovatt
  • 12-27-2007 3:20 PM In reply to

It does sound very like there is only one channel playing through both speakers.

Try listening very carefully to see if there is any separation between the channels. If all the sound is 'in the middle' you are effectively operating in mono.

If the speakers are plugged in correctly you may have a more fundamental problem and the unit may require professional attention.

I had a similar problem with a Beocenter 2000 where there was only one amplifier channel working and a previous owner had masked this by soldering internal wires acrioss the two sets of speaker outputs so every speaker output played the left channel!

Simon 

• 12-27-2007 5:33 PM In reply to

• Jacob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Simon

I'm going to try that with a record I know uses panning to see if I am getting just mono. I got it for free from a friend who hadn't used it for years and the whole thing was very dirty, so fingers crossed.

Jacob Lovatt
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)