in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2007 9:58 AM by Craig. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2007 5:48 PM

BeoVision LS5500 compatability problems.

I am experiencing problems trying to connect a new Panasonic DVD recorder.

Pressing the AV button, on the remote, has no effect on the TV.

Connecting a scart lead to the AV1 socket produces no picture, tuning does not resolve. Connecting to AV2 produces a picture that is part the way down the screen and rolls sideways! tuning does not resolve this either.
    If I go into the Menu, it shows the P.Link(?) as being off - would switching this to ON give me a picture through AV1? If so, how do I accomplish this? I don't have a hand book.

I don't want to have to buy a new TV when there is nothing wrong with this one - HELP!

• 12-26-2007 6:14 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BeoVision LS5500 compatability problems.

Hi Pete, welcome to Beoworld. Pretty sure that your problem is you need to tell the TV what is connected to which connections. When you  look at the on screen menu you should have P.Link which should be set to off unless you have external speakers connected. Next should be Timer. Then you have AV1 and AV2. These are your two Scart connections. With the DVD connected to AV1 you then need to select in the menu what you command you want the connection to respond to on the remote. For Example if you have a remote with a DVD button then selelct CDV in the menu. It is the same. This is how I have my MX5500 set up.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-26-2007 7:13 PM In reply to

On my LX5500 I do use AV2 for my JVC dvd player and activate by shift-sat buttons on the Beolink 1000.

I can't remember what the menu for AV2 is at but its not cdv still it works as long its not the video functions that is enabled which is the 2 first ones on the menu list.

I got a VX7000 on AV1 and that is automatic as far as adjusting it to the LX.

• 12-27-2007 5:23 AM In reply to

If you have a Beolink 1000 remote control press "menu" and assign AV1 to VTAPE1/NEW. Connect the DVD player to AV1. You can now select the dvd players' picture by pressing "V.tape" on the remote control. With these TV's it is better to switch off RGB on the DVD player (the cause of your rolling TV tuner picture). You will be able to do this via a switch on the rear (or via the on-screen menus) of the DVD player. Select PAL or composite. The player will also need to be set up correctly for the 4:3 screen.

A user manual for the LX5500 which is very similar to your LS is available on this site. You need it to get the best from your TV!

http://www.beoworld.org/manuals_view.asp?pid=623

• 12-27-2007 9:58 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Friedmett:

I can't remember what the menu for AV2 is at but its not cdv first ones on the menu list.

Of course the remote most people use with this set is a BL1000. We have a Beo4 with the DVD button. This works perfectly with CDV selelcted as the source for AV1.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)