in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2007 5:37 PM by Turbo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2007 5:58 PM

• Turbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Sundsvall Sweden
    • Posts 67
    • Bronze Member

Strange picture phenomenon whith digital reciever box connected to AV9000

I have connected a digital box (Samsung DCB-BB270Z) to my AV9000 television. It is connected to AV2 Scart and I have the picture if I press shift/TV on the beolink1000. The problem is how to adjust the picture, i.e. color, brightness, contrast and save it. I have the user manual and I have followed it.

The problem is that on the "AUX" inlet on the television the picture is always in default mode, until I press "menu" on the beolink, then the adjustments I have made are seen! If I close the menu the picture goes back to default. The picture adjustments are stored and working if used with the television in the analogue network. So if I want to watch digital broad casted TV  with the settings to my likings, I have to have the on screen menu active, -not so funny....

What could possible cause this?

Is it possible to make this combo work with a STB-controller?

I have also noticed that on some channels when a commercial starts, the TV jumps from the AUX input to TV, very annoying...  What to do?

Jens Larsson Engine development engineer
  • 12-15-2007 2:30 AM In reply to

Re: Strange picture phenomenon whith digital reciever box connected to AV9000

You can get a STB Controller for your AV9000 - I have one which works my Sky box.

I also don't seem to have a problem with the settings - I do use a Beo4 but I can change the settings and then press EXIT and the menu goes. Never done this before now though as the settings seem fine! 

• 12-20-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

• Turbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Sundsvall Sweden
    • Posts 67
    • Bronze Member

Re: Strange picture phenomenon whith digital reciever box connected to AV9000

I have sorted out the problem with the TV jumping from AUX to TV on commercial breaks, the problem was in how the digital box handles the Wide screen vs 3:4 picture.

But it is still very irritating that  I can not save my picture settings for the aux input, they are obviously in there some where as they are visual when I press the menu button on the beolink!

STB-controller could perhaps be the solution here also.

Lots of tinkering  with these thingsSmile More than one time I have thought about going to Media Markt or simular and just buy something that is plug and play, and just worksSad

Jens Larsson Engine development engineer
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)