in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-24-2007 9:24 AM by Keith Saunders. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2007 4:39 AM

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Link TV picture problems.

Well as some of you know I have had picture problems on my link TV's for a while. I put up with the problem for about 6 months then I thought I would make a good effort at fixing the problem.

After some very usefull advice from your goodselves I purchased a B&O RF link amp for £80 from my dealer and spent a few hours installing it and fine tuning it. The link channel was set at 591 and the picture was great on all of the TV's. Great , sorted at last.........I was very pleased.

Four days later I switch on the bedroom TV and I have hardly any picture to View. There are horizontal lines going accross the TV and no visible picture. I check the other link TV's and they are the same.

The Avant in the main room is working perfectly. I switch everything off, then back on again and it's still the same, no link pictures. I then try a different frequency and I can get a picture but it has noise on it.

I have tried every link frequency from top to bottom and I can get a picture but it has either lots of noise on it or it has revolving horizontal lines on it. I can get no picture at all on 591?

What do you think could cause this loss of picture on 591 when it was a perfect picture when the RF amp was first installed? Has anyone had an RF amp go faulty on them.

It's driving me nuts and my dealer is fully booked up untill the end of Jan 08.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

David.

Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, LG CX65, Beosystem 3, Beosound 9000, Beolab 3500

• 12-23-2007 8:17 AM In reply to

Re: Link TV picture problems.

Is there an electronic device close to the B&O RF link? If so, turn it off and check the picture quality again.

I have had the same problem in my factory with a cable we use to sent data from machinery to the office, it was close to an electric device which was sending some electronic pollution in the area around it.

• 12-23-2007 5:22 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Are the link TV's B&O?

• 12-24-2007 2:47 AM In reply to

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies Gents. I'm not aware of any electrical devices near the Tv's. Two of the TV's are B&O the other is a Pioneer Plasma.

Merry Christmas,

David

Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, LG CX65, Beosystem 3, Beosound 9000, Beolab 3500

• 12-24-2007 9:24 AM In reply to

David,

Given that you managed to get everything working perfectly and for four days, I suggest that the most likely problem is your new RF amplifier.

To prove the point, I suggest you bypass the amplifier to one link room by connecting the RF input (RF output of AVANT) from the Beovision Master to the cable for one of the link TV's and if you get a picture on the link TV assuming you have adjusted the link frequency back to 591 then the problem is the RF Amplifier. That will mean a return of the unit to your B&O dealer.

If you still do not get a picture on the link TV then perhaps the RF modulator in the AVANT is off, but unless you have changed some settings in the AVANT there is no reason for this to occur.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)