in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-27-2007 4:48 AM by gorissek. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2007 9:22 PM

BeoVision 3 with Playstaton 2

I would need some help with setting up the Playstation 2. The problem is, that when i connect i through SCART and then select it in connections menu, it doesn't work. It works if i select it as a DVD player, but when i do, there are two major issues. When any game starts, the sound is ok, and just right before the game menu it decreases sound so much, that only the top sound level ( at 72 ) is loud enoguh or at least heard. Also when i select DVD button on Beo4 it now takes me to Playstation. What i would like to have is a dvd which works if i press DVD ( it's a Sony one ), an playstation as SAT or any other button there. Can someone advise me if this is possible?
  • 04-21-2007 12:53 PM In reply to

• seheiste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 3 with Playstaton 2

I use the video/sound input (yello-red-green) on the BV3's front, (under lower left corner) and it works perfect.

/Heinz

• 04-21-2007 1:00 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

seheiste:

I use the video/sound input (yello-red-green) on the BV3's front, (under lower left corner) and it works perfect.

/Heinz

Same way the kids connect their X BOX360. Use Camcord on your Beo4 to activate the connections. You may need to add this to the list button.

CraigBig Smile

P.S. If you have the latest Beo4 it is Camera not Camcord. 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-21-2007 2:07 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Connect it via a Scart and set it as V.Aux or V.Mem Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-21-2007 3:22 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

What have you got connected to the BV3 other than the PS2?

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-22-2007 4:35 AM In reply to

Nothing at the moment, but i want to add a Sony DVD player. The PS2 is registered as a DVD, and that's the only way it works now. The red-yellow-white is an option, but i would prefer it to be connected through scart, because you can't see the wires that way, as it will be connected all the time.

How do you set it as V.Aux or V.Mem and which buttons do you use to select it?

• 04-22-2007 5:13 AM In reply to

ps. i have now connected it through red-yellow-white on the front side and the sound is ok. this what i want, but on scart. Big Smile

if i have it connected through r-y-w, how do i select it with Beo4? there is no camera button or am i looking on the wrong place? it's my first B&O tv, so i'm kind of lost here. Big Smile 

• 04-23-2007 2:25 AM In reply to

• seheiste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

BV3 will automatically switch to the r-y-w connection signal as soon as you switch on yor playstation.

/Heinz

• 04-24-2007 12:19 PM In reply to

yes, i know that, but what if i want to switch to TV for a minute or two and then switch back to Playstation? what do i press for that?
  • 04-24-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

gorissek:

ps. i have now connected it through red-yellow-white on the front side and the sound is ok. this what i want, but on scart. Big Smile

if i have it connected through r-y-w, how do i select it with Beo4? there is no camera button or am i looking on the wrong place? it's my first B&O tv, so i'm kind of lost here. Big Smile 

Dobra dan gorissek.

You need to add "camera" or "camcord" to your list on the Beo4.

Press list and red dot together, it should say Add? press go then use the up and down arrows til you find camera or camcord then pres ok

Now every time you press list, you'll find camera.

Nazvedanya.Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-26-2007 12:59 PM In reply to

Dober dan, Andy : )

Thank you for that, i will try it when i get home later this evening. However i would much prefer the PS2 to be connected through scart and available on Beo4 like a dvd or cd player.
    So this is what i want:

- a dvd player connected through scart and set on the DVD button.
    - a PS2 on scart, set on ( ideally ) the SAT button - i have a MKII Beo4 without A.Mem, V.Mem and DTV. There are V.Tape and A.Tape.

This to me is much more usefull, as i can just press TV in the middle of a game, like i would do with a dvd player and it takes me right to the TV in case i have to look at something on lets say CNN for a minute and i would then press SAT and  go right back to the PS2.

I really hope this is possible and someone would tell me how : ) i know how to connect the dvd player, register it to BV3 and set it on the dvd button, but as for everything else, i'm completely lost, so i would need some idiot-proof guides : )

ps. why do you think the sound is so low when connected to scart with the ryw-to-scart adaptor. it came with the ps2, so it's new. 

• 04-27-2007 4:48 AM In reply to

I've added the camcord option to the list and it works perfect, the sound is normal, so thank you. this is what i would like on scart, as described above : )
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)