in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-11-2007 7:41 AM by Santiago. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2007 4:30 PM

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

BeoSound 2 sadly silent ...

After a few years of faultless service my BS2 went completely silent - no music not even a beep when pressing a button. All this just as I was (almost finished) filling some 1G SD cards with music for my BS3 getting ready for holidays. No matter if off or on its docking station, it just stopped working - and the BeoPort software can't 'see' it either. It seems that it has some power, as I noticed that when I dis/reconnect the A8s there is some scratchy noise audible in the headphones - but that's it. Is there any way to 'reset' the poor thing, has anyone experienced/solved such a problem? Thanks for thoughts. [:'(]
  • 12-10-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Re: BeoSound 2 sadly silent ...

Uncomprehensible (at least for me) happened: I abandoned the BS2 for a day on my desk at home and when I tried it again after getting back home from work the next day it started to work again - and my PC can see it, too!! (No, it was not the empty battery as it had been on its docking station for more then a day before.)

Strangely enough one of the 1G SD cards I had previously filled with music doesn't seem to be played properly on my BS3: while it plays some of the dozen or so copied albums flawlessly others are only 'displayed' on it as a quick sequence of  eg 'A 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc' with no sound. That said, the very same card plays OK on the BS2 which was previously not working! (The SD card used is SanDisc.)

(Shaking his head he goes happily back to copying some more music for the holidays...)

• 12-10-2007 7:33 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Isn't it strange! This kind of thing happens to me, it's like the Beosound 2 has a consciousness, and doesn't like being alone. I've started giving mine some attention, and voila! It's battery hasn't been dying within 1-2 hours! Weird stuff. Weird product that i have a love hate relationship with.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 12-11-2007 5:39 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

I don't seem to get rid of problems - classically right before the holidays ...

While the BS2 seems to function as before, ie copies to SD cards and then plays everything perfectly, the BS3 is not capable of playing everything that is on the very same cards.

It plays only some copied albums, or the first songs of other albums - or doesn't play yet other copied albums at all. What it does is it shows a folder number (eg A 3) and then - in a brief sequence - shows numbers of all tracks in that folder it would not play (eg 3.1 followed by 3.2 etc.). It goes on untill it finds the next folder which it can play - or not. Occasionally, when I try to step between the folders it displays A -- ... and stops entirely. All other thing (radio, timer etc. work well).

Strangely, the BS3 plays all my older SD cards perfectly, incl. 1G. I noticed though then when trying to re-copy (removing it and copying it again) an album to an older (functioning) card the same problem appeared as decsribed above!

Very very frustrating, indeed ... Any thoughs highly appreciated.

• 12-11-2007 7:35 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

I don't know if there is any relation, but I found that after I had messed around too much with my laptop, it would no longer format cards in a way that BS2, BS3, and BS4 would use them.  In frustration, I formatted a card in my digital camera, and it worked.  Rather than continue my "scientific" experiment, I decided to enjoy my good fortune and stick with that workaround.  FWIW.

Ray

• 12-11-2007 7:41 AM In reply to

Hello Saf !

I don't know if all those troubles are happening only with the same SD card,

because all that sounds exactly like a defective SD card issue... (or maybe dirty contacts) Hmm

Good luck my friend. 

Santiago

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)