in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2007 5:55 AM by frankmj. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2007 11:50 AM

IR-Codes for DTV

Hi, I got the Beo5 Configuration Tool. It works fine with TV->Channel->channel1, it sends: 0:000:TV:CIFFER_1+0:000:TV:PLAY. The same sequence is sent when i press DTV->Channel->channel1 and the BEO5 fails to operate my CDC7000 STB. It does change the channel but the "PLAY" command in the end turns on the channel list. What is the correct sequence for DTV? I have tried to make mine own buttons, stripping the "PLAY" and just send 0:000:TV:CIFFER_1, but it does only work correctly with 2 digit channels.

/Frank

• 12-05-2007 2:09 AM In reply to

Re: IR-Codes for DTV

Frank,

You will need to use the CNTL_ functions for control of the STB such as TV:CNTL_1 which is equal to STB menu 1, in other words if you were using a Beo4 you would press DTV then MENU and at the side would be the STB menu with numbers next to each command. The CNTL commands are actually macros which replaces two button presses on the Beo4

To use DTV you must use TV:V_SAT

Regards Keith....

• 12-05-2007 3:00 AM In reply to

Keith,

I don't have to use CNTL_functions just to change channel on the STB. The PUC does parse the keystrokes to the the STB. Last night I tried to add delay between the digits - and it worked!!!

So now the sequence looks like this:

0:000:TV:V_SAT ; sent when I choose DTV

0:000:TV:CIFFER_1+Delay: 350Ms+0:000:TV:CIFFER_0 ; sent when I choose channel 10

Keith do you have a table that explains the CNTL_ functions?

/Frank

• 12-05-2007 5:45 AM In reply to

Frank,

No, you don't need the CNTL_ functions for changing channel.

You quite often need to use a delay between commands in a macro to a STB including channel changes.

I am currently preparing some web pages which will include a table for the CTNL_ functions, but they have different functions depending on the STB you are using, but control such things as PLAY, STOP, RECORD NOW etc. As previously stated if you press menu for STB, then the feature for your STB have numbers by them which are equal to the CNTL_ numbers.

Regards Keith....

• 12-05-2007 5:55 AM In reply to

Thanks Keith,

I can't wait to see the tables...

Regards Frank

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)