in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-02-2007 5:34 AM by beocool. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2007 2:07 PM

Faulty Overture

There is an Overture on Ebay with faulty doors (ther is a gap in the middle when closed). Is this easily fixed (by me) or is it a million pound job with B&O?

Thanks

Graham 

• 12-01-2007 5:24 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Faulty Overture

Graham I seem to remember this coming up before. It was something to do with the cable mech that opens and closes the doors. Also seem to remember it is not a very easy job to do at all.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-02-2007 5:34 AM In reply to

Re: Faulty Overture

I had the same problem with my BC2300. My dealer replaced both the door mechanism and CD mechanism. In total he charged me 480 euros (about 320 pounds) if I remember correctly. I have no idea how much the door mechanism would have cost seperately. Hope this is helpful.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)