in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-27-2007 3:02 PM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2007 2:14 PM

• POSTLE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-27-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

No sound on beogram rx turntable

After several years of living without records, we have just bought a new $$$ MMC4 cartridge. When we hook up the turntable to the amp, we get no sound through the amp (though we can hear the sound with our ears right next to the record itself).  We think we had the turntable hooked up to this particluar amp before, but now  we are not so sure... We are using what I think is an rca cable - on each end, it has two plugs -- red and white.

Is there something straightforward for us to check or adjust or reconnect? Or are we looking at $$$$ repair costs?
    Thnaks!
    Wendy

PS. I looked for a question like this on the site, but could find nothing with a search for beogram rx

• 11-27-2007 3:02 PM In reply to

Re: No sound on beogram rx turntable

If you get no sound at all check the following. What plug is at the end of the lead from the Beogram. There should be the red one, a white one and an earth. Most Beograms have a DIN plug but a few, the RX I think beingb one, had RCA plugs so that it could be used with non B&O amplifiers.

Check the input you are plugging the cable into. Is it the dedicated Phono input? have you selected the correct input on the amplifier?

If all this is correct, try plugging it into a different input that you know works - the CD input for instance. Do you get any sound then? If you do it will be very quiet and tinny.

Report back!

Was it a Soundsmith SMMC4 or was it a second hand MMC4? 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)