in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2007 4:55 PM by Craig. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2007 11:56 AM

Is this worth fixing?

The details I have on this are sketchy:

acoustimass speaker system L+R o/p to cube speakers and L+R i/p from amp 100w 4 ohms

All I know so far is that it is broken. Apparently it is marked B&O, if so would it be worth repair and what is it?

Thanks

Graham

• 11-26-2007 11:58 AM In reply to

Re: Is this worth fixing?

Sounds more like Bose. Probably not worth it but more information required!
  • 11-26-2007 12:14 PM In reply to

There is a job lot of stuff on Ebay all of which is broken in some way or another http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180182627273. The description says some B&O. Asked him which and he responded with what now appears to be Bose. Oh well.

I am in a bit of an unfortunate position in as much as I am trying to not waste money but since buying my Avant am constantly scouring Ebay for the next B&O bargin. I hope the novelty wears off soon but some how I doubt that it will!

• 11-26-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I personally wouldn't bother with this lot if it's B&O you're looking to collect. The only piece of B&O that I can spot is what looks like a beocord 2000 perched on the top. Even in full running condition it won't be worth a great deal.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-26-2007 4:55 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Graham1982:
     . I hope the novelty wears off soon but some how I doubt that it will!

Short answer, no it won't. That is what is known as Beovirus. All our members suffer from it in varing degrees.LaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)