in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-25-2007 6:03 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-24-2007 2:21 PM

no picture through masterlink

hi all,

well my beovision 1 has been waiting patiently in storage for 12 months while i got the new office ready and today was the day..........its been wall mounted and sits in pride of place.

I've set it to option 6 and calls up cds no problem from downstairs, although i must admit at quite low volume compared to the tv.

However, pressing dvd or link dvd through the beovision 1 controls the avant dvd in as much as shutting the lid and spinning the disc but no picture or sound are relayed to the beovision 1 all i get is a ratio change on the screen but just static.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

a very excited Jay!!!Party!!!

jason

• 11-24-2007 2:24 PM In reply to

Re: no picture through masterlink

Have you installed RF cable as well as Masterlink?

Regards Graham

• 11-24-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

hi graham,

yes thats working fine on tv Smile

jay

jason

• 11-24-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

Hmmm..........

Regards Graham

• 11-24-2007 3:09 PM In reply to

jay:

hi graham,

yes thats working fine on tv Smile

jay

Yes but! does the BV 1 gets it RF from the output of the AVANT?

If yes then check the link freq. set both on 599 and see if it helps

• 11-24-2007 3:42 PM In reply to

Hi, 

Yes, I thought of that, i'd had the avant set to 799 which worked fine with the bv3 in another room, cant remember why i once changed that.

I've just put the avant back to 599 and just get a weak channel 5 signal but still no dvd through the beovision 1.

On the beovision 1 there is only link frequency fine tune -8 to +8 so theres no way of knowing what frequency its on.

I'm going to go and set up a v8000 video in another link room to see if i can call up video!!!?

cheers

jay

jason

• 11-24-2007 5:05 PM In reply to

OK it auto sets the freq. with the AVANT the RF it receives is not from the AVANT. you need to chance your aerial setup so the BV1 gets it signal from the AVANT. 

Your V8000 has to be in the master room else you can't use it another link room

• 11-24-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

great ill try that now,

p.s thanks for telling me about the v8000 needing to be in the master room, ive been trying in a link room

thanks again jay Smile

jason

• 11-24-2007 10:38 PM In reply to

I think I asked the question a dozen times to the Struer people: when are they going to have video in their Masterlink cable??

It's now possible to have wireless audio & composite video with infra-red control through a simple set of SCART plugs (one transmitter, one receiver), this cost me EUR 60...can't B&O take the concept & re-vamp it to their standards (like they did on DVD2 or BeoSound 6 Stick out tongue  ?)

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-25-2007 7:39 AM In reply to

The Stig - ver. 1.5:

OK it auto sets the freq. with the AVANT the RF it receives is not from the AVANT. you need to chance your aerial setup so the BV1 gets it signal from the AVANT. 

Your V8000 has to be in the master room else you can't use it another link room

hi, i checked as you suggested, yes it was set up via the avant, i can get dvd and now video through the link bv3 from the avant , but still no joy through the beovison 1,

im starting to wonder could it be a fault in the masterlink junction box/wall box to the beovision 1, could i still get sound from the beosound via masterlink but no picture from the dvd/video avant if this was the case

thanks again jay

jason

• 11-25-2007 10:42 AM In reply to

When you press DVD to BV1 does the DVD start in the AVANT? or do you get a black screen on BV1?

If your on TV and then go in to link freg. do you still only get fine tune?

As it can play Radio/CD ML is fine.

• 11-25-2007 10:45 AM In reply to

Also set the BV3 to play DVD then set the BV1 to tune if your aerial to BV1 is working, you can tune in to the DVD signal!
  • 11-25-2007 11:15 AM In reply to

The Stig - ver. 1.5:

When you press DVD to BV1 does the DVD start in the AVANT? or do you get a black screen on BV1?

If your on TV and then go in to link freg. do you still only get fine tune?

As it can play Radio/CD ML is fine.

when i press dvd on the bv1 yes the avant dvd starts, i can control the dvd all functions via the bv1 however i just get a weak channel 5 signal on screen.

yes if on tv , link freq, i still only get fine tune options

cheers jay

jason

• 11-25-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

The Stig - ver. 1.5:
    Also set the BV3 to play DVD then set the BV1 to tune if your aerial to BV1 is working, you can tune in to the DVD signal!

sounded hopeful, just tryed it a few times to no avail, although a strange thing when i changed back to tv on the bv1 the bv3 downstairs also changed to tv, dont know if that may mean anything?

thanks so much for your continued help on this

thankyou jay

jason

• 11-25-2007 11:43 AM In reply to

Hi Jay,

It sounds like you have only a little mess with the aerial cable, and the connection is cut off anywhere between the avant master and the linked BV1. 

You should try a direct coaxial connection between the avant RF output and the BV1 aerial input; after that, restart the avant dvd from the bv1 and do a new auto-scan with the BV1 tuner and see what happens.

Good luck. 

Santiago

• 11-25-2007 12:37 PM In reply to

Ok I have to say I don't think your BV1 is connected to the output from your AVANT.

If you go in to link freq on the AVANT you will get a black screen with two White bars on your BV3 when you go in to link freq. do the same on BV1. then change the aerial cable that go to the BV1 to different outputs f.ex the output that goes to the BV3. until you get the black screen on your BV1

• 11-25-2007 2:51 PM In reply to

SUCCESS!!!! Party!!!

It was indeed a silly oversight on my part Embarrassed

In my defence i've had that many wires under floors, in and out of walls , did have the foresight to label them all up.........except I labelled the wrong ones!!! doh Hmm infact so confusing if you now asked which was where i really wouldnt have a clue!!

Does explain why the doorbell rang every time i pressed light   Laughing.

Im totally made up, thankyou for all of your help, it really is very appreciated.

A couple of years in the making we have now masterlinked the house. Party!!!

jay

jason

• 11-25-2007 4:52 PM In reply to

jay:

SUCCESS!!!! Party!!!

It was indeed a silly oversight on my part Embarrassed

I see you've finally tidy up the wiring mess Jay ! Wink

always good to see another happy B&O customer Yes -  thumbs up

Time now to enjoy your new MLinked set Smile

Regards.

Santiago.