in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-22-2007 2:00 PM by beo-ap. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2007 6:53 PM

In Home Demonstrations

Did anybody else receive the 2007-2008 catalog and magazine with the mail in cards regarding products? I filled out the card and sent it in requesting the in home demonstration and then received a call from the dealer saying they do not offer in home demonstrations. Just wondering if anybody else had sent one of the cards in and what the response was.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-20-2007 7:33 PM In reply to

Re: In Home Demonstrations

Maybe it depends on what you want demonstratedSmile

My dealer has offered to let me demo speakers,etc for the weekend.  I would think a Beovision 9 would be pushing my luck.Big Smile

What was it you wanted to demo?

Roger

• 11-20-2007 8:19 PM In reply to

There were two cards attached to the advertisement.  One card offered a "complimentary in-home" demonstration of Beo 5. The second card, which is the one I sent in, offered an in home demonstration of Beovision 7, Beolab 9, or Beolab 3.

I was shocked when I received it as I would not have expected such items to be demonstrated in-home, but that is what the card said.

• 11-21-2007 9:14 AM In reply to

Sounds like a lazy dealer for those simple items!

BV 7 would be easier to understand due to transport logistics, but the others are a one-man show.  I fail to see the dealers logic because in most cases once you have something like a shiney a new toy in your possession it's difficult to let it go. Simple Marketing 101,  just ask a child.

I'm sure B&O of America would be a little disappointed with a dealer being unwilling to offer in home demos "as advertsied".

Good luck

Roger 

• 11-21-2007 7:58 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw,

How far away do you live from the dealer?  What are your expectations?  Tell the whole story, please...

Ray

• 11-22-2007 9:54 AM In reply to

Let me be clear, I am in no way complaining about the store. I have always received excellent service from various B and O stores, including offers to deliver and install at no charge items as small as a Beosound 3000 even though I am 2 1/2 hours away.

I received an advertisement from B and O directly, not from the store. The advertisement offered complimentary in home demonstrations of Beo 5, Beolab 9, Beolab 3, and Beovision 7. I sent the card in, back to B and O directly requesting a demonstration of the Beovision 7 and Beolab 3 as we have been trying to decide which tv to replace our Avant with to go with our new Beolab 9s.

B and O forwarded the info to the dealer who then contacted me about a demonstration in the store, not in my home. Again, I am totally satisfied with the dealer. I also am not complaining about B and O. I have always been very happy with the customer service I have received directly from B and O. The company has gone above and beyond what anybody would expect in providing me with excellent service.

I was merely curious if anybody else had received the advertisement and had sent one of the cards in.  

• 11-22-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

Razlaw,

I get what you are asking. I also received the same card, but did not send it in.  If I were to replace all of the equipment that I have it would cost big $$$, and in that case my dealer might do an in-home demo. As it is, all of my purchases have been over a long period of time, and some are ebay. I doubt my dealer would show for a single item purchase. Perhaps some day my dealer will visit.

I wonder if they'll bring that "promised" BV8 for a demo. Even w/o the in-home demo, sign me up for one of those.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)