in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2007 9:27 AM by Ken. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2007 3:57 AM

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

How to send "long" ir commands from macros

Anyone knows how to send "long" ir commands from a macro? For instance I need to send "Play" for 2 seconds to bring up the channal list on my TV, or send "Play" for 2 seconds to bring up the content list on my HDR-2, or send "Red" for 1 second to turn off lights in my home control system.

If this possible to program to a buttom in BEO5?

Regards,

Ken

• 11-26-2007 4:29 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: How to send "long" ir commands from macros

Hi Ken

I have not HDR-2, but in my BV7, i can see the channels list using the center button for 2 seconds. Maybe is the same with HDR-2.

Regards

Quim

Quim

• 11-26-2007 7:08 AM In reply to

Ken:

Anyone knows how to send "long" ir commands from a macro? For instance I need to send "Play" for 2 seconds to bring up the channal list on my TV, or send "Play" for 2 seconds to bring up the content list on my HDR-2, or send "Red" for 1 second to turn off lights in my home control system.

If this possible to program to a buttom in BEO5?

Hi Ken, 

The beo5 configuration tool software let you set "continuous" IR commands in macros for on-screen keys, no problem there.

But sometimes that's simply not necessary at all; in your example: to send "Play" for 2 seconds to bring up the channal list on my TV as Quim said, you can use the beo5 central hard key in the same way than beo4...pressing it for 2 seconds will active the on-screen tv channel list Smile , same thing for the HDR2 example Wink pressing quick twice central keys in beo4 or beo5 works exactly in the same way.

Regards. 

Santiago. 

Santiago

• 11-26-2007 9:27 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Santiago, Quim,

Thanks.

I'm aware of the "Continuos" setting in the config tool, but as I sse it it only send the key as long as i hold it down. What I want is to send "long" key strokes by a single shor press on the key or part of a macro sequense. It could be a single buttom that turns on a HDR-2 and bring up the content list This is just an example (I know this actually possible with-out sending a "long" key stroke.

My real problem is with my home automation system. That require long key strokes for some functions, and I want to group a number of functions together and assign these to a single buttom.

Ken

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)