in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-18-2007 1:30 AM by beocentre. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2007 2:24 AM

Apple TV - Wild goose chase?

Ihave been trying to figure out a way to distribute the picture from Apple TV to link rooms. When I first set it up I used the component leads in to input of beosystem 3 and got nothing. On consulting B&o i was told that the beosystem 3 would only distribute a picture via rf modulator if the input signal was composite. I have since trawled the internet for a gadget to do just this and am currently awaiting the arival of a unit from USA which converts component to composite signal?

Does anyone have Apple TV distributed without the use of such a converter, I seem to have discovered one other person who does, but would like to know how others have got along attempting this.

Have B&o sent me on a wild goose chase? 

Regards

Mark

• 11-17-2007 2:31 AM In reply to

• M4SPM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom
    • Posts 38
    • Founder

Re: Apple TV - Wild goose chase?

I would like to do the same I have a Beosystem 3 also. I would be interested in the details of your convertor and your views on it when it arrives
  • 11-17-2007 3:06 PM In reply to

Do you have an RF link amp? It will not distribute unless you have. The Bsys 3 does not have a RF link amp built in to the unit. It will def work once you have used your converter that you got from the states.
  • 11-17-2007 3:19 PM In reply to

I am waiting for the Sling Catcher from Sling Media. I have an AppleTV that I distribute to my PC via the Sling Windows client. When the Sling Catcher ships, it will allow me to distrbute the AppleTV from the Sling Box to any TV equipped with Sling Catcher.

The definite benefit is that I will be able to control it via IT. It is all wireless as well so a possible additional benefit here. Finally, whether downgrading component to composite via the adapter box or any other device, picture quality will suffer, and to make matters worse the video quality of the AppleTV is not great. The fact is that in my case AppleTV really mostly a music server.

While final judgement  must be reserved until the Sling Catcher ships, I think it holds some promise.  BTW, no ship date yet,  but Engadget reported the device as appearing on the FCC's website. Generally a good sign.

• 11-18-2007 1:30 AM In reply to

I don't have rf link amp, but i have simply combined rf output of bsys 3 with along with rf2 output of my sky box for distribution, it works fine, I get  dvd & sat on other tv's, and also control of sky on a couple of non B&o tvs using sky dinky link.

Glad to see that the consesnsus seems to be that I will require a converter, I will post details when I have got it set up and working.   

Sling catcher sounds like a interesting idea, but as I can now control apple tv using B&o system, If i can distribute it on rf I can use Beo 4 for control

Thanks for your replies

Mark 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)