in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2008 6:02 PM by mr_anders_son. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2007 12:37 PM

Beo5 with Playstation 3?

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to make the Beo5 work with playstation 3?

//Kalle

• 12-30-2007 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: Beo5 with Playstation 3?

The Beo5 does support the Playstation 3 and your dealer will find a template for it in his Configuration Tool

Regards Keith....

• 12-30-2007 5:57 PM In reply to

PS3 is IR-less, and can only be controlled via BT. So I wonder how a Beo5 can do the job.Unsure
  • 12-31-2007 3:10 AM In reply to

Hello Keith,

I have the template installed and all, but it wont react. So the question is how the signal will transfer to the PS3?

//Kalle

• 12-31-2007 4:50 AM In reply to

You must order this remote an ir reciver, then it will work: http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=113

But not on/off

I hope I get mine soon and come back to you 

• 01-03-2008 4:28 AM In reply to

Is this the only way to get it working???
  • 01-03-2008 4:34 AM In reply to

• 01-03-2008 5:38 AM In reply to

Kalle,

The simple fact is that the Playstation 3 is non IR, so no matter what IR remote you are using it will need a converter, so ....mr Anders(son) is quite right in his suggestion.

Regards Keith....

• 01-03-2008 5:48 AM In reply to

and I have tested another one I bought here in sweden but it didnt work.

So now I am waiting for my Nyko to arrive 

• 01-04-2008 12:17 AM In reply to

I can't vouch that this would actually work, since I haven't noticed the PS3 in the PUC, but you can follow the instructions at this website: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=761809, and thereby allow for the possibility that the BeoSystem can talk to it with an IR flasher. 

As far as the Beo 5, though, if you're implying that perhaps the Beo 5 could work directly, it's not likely. It will be a long time, if ever, before the Beo 5 starts taking on more "universal remote" type features. Despite its perceived capabilities, right now it's a Beo 4 you can personalize. It will certainly develop over time to communicate directly with other products, but it is likely that anything that would ordinarily be connected through the PUC will continue to be in a Beo 5 world.  

I hope this helps. Until a better Blu-Ray player comes about, I'm sure interest in the PS3 will remain high. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-04-2008 3:48 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

I can't vouch that this would actually work, since I haven't noticed the PS3 in the PUC, but you can follow the instructions at this website: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=761809, and thereby allow for the possibility that the BeoSystem can talk to it with an IR flasher. 

As far as the Beo 5, though, if you're implying that perhaps the Beo 5 could work directly, it's not likely. It will be a long time, if ever, before the Beo 5 starts taking on more "universal remote" type features. Despite its perceived capabilities, right now it's a Beo 4 you can personalize. It will certainly develop over time to communicate directly with other products, but it is likely that anything that would ordinarily be connected through the PUC will continue to be in a Beo 5 world.  

I hope this helps. Until a better Blu-Ray player comes about, I'm sure interest in the PS3 will remain high. 

If you buy Nykoremote and flash your BS3 PUC with PS3 codes it will work - says Struer 

• 01-04-2008 10:55 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

I can't vouch that this would actually work, since I haven't noticed the PS3 in the PUC

The PS3 is, in fact, in the PUC.  I've yet to try this IR Receiver, but I have a client who's looking for the Beo5/PS3 integration so I'll be trying this out hopefully on Monday.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 01-07-2008 9:06 AM In reply to

• Molotow
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Herning
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Did you buy the remote from that website?

As far as I could see, they will only sell it to citisens from the US, but I could be wrong...

• 01-07-2008 9:17 AM In reply to

Molotow:

Did you buy the remote from that website?

As far as I could see, they will only sell it to citisens from the US, but I could be wrong...

I bought it from eBay. Not yet arrived
  • 01-07-2008 9:23 AM In reply to

• Molotow
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Herning
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Ebay, of course...

• 01-17-2008 11:04 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Just so everyone knows it works like a dream!

The usb dongle that connects to the PS3 is very very unobtrusive as well so it actually looks pretty "professional" !

• 01-17-2008 11:20 AM In reply to

Alex,

As there is several solutions to this issue, can you please confirm that you used Nyko remote solution as shown previously described in this tread or a different product. If different, then could you please provide the details.

Regards Keith....

• 01-17-2008 11:28 AM In reply to

• 01-17-2008 11:30 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

Alex,

As there is several solutions to this issue, can you please confirm that you used Nyko remote solution as shown previously described in this tread or a different product. If different, then could you please provide the details.

Keith,

I used the Nyko remote as suggested in this thread.  Buy.com has it for sale for $20 (which is what, about £3 these days?)

Alternatively, I know you can use a Playstation 2 IR adapter with a PS/2 (pre-usb mouse/KB connector) to USB adaptor but it's very "clunky" and nowhere near an elegant a solution as the Nyko product.  Also, this may be my imagination, but I believe the commands work a little bit faster with the Nyko than the actual Sony sanctioned piece for the Playstation 2 ... possibly because of the straight usb connection without the adaptors?  I've only seen the other solution once so I may just be crazy ...

• 01-17-2008 4:06 PM In reply to

Thanks, I will therefore update the Beo5 FAQ to reflect this information.

Regards Keith....

• 02-07-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

Hi,

I am just joining the B&O family, and would appreciate some help re: controlling the PS3

My setup consists among others of a BV7-40 and a Playstation 3. The PS3 is hidden in a cupboard (no direct IR line).

I have both Beo4 and Beo5, but Beo5 will not be of used due to the lack of direct IR line to the PS3, I understand all commands need to go through BV7 (which is updated and recognises Playstation3 as set-top box)

Has anyone tried the Nyko remote solution using Beo4 and BV7? Does it fully work (other than on/off, i.e. navigating through XMB)?

Has anyone tried the Schmarz remote solution using Beo4 and BV7? Does it fully work (other than on/off, i.e. navigating through XMB)?

Thanks! 

• 02-29-2008 11:05 AM In reply to

Did it work with the schmartz ir upgrade?
  • 02-29-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)