in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2009 6:03 AM by Luke . 79 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2009 11:17 AM

BeoLounge - Launched

• 03-02-2009 12:05 PM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2008
    • Munich
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoLounge - Launched

OMG I hate my internet connection (3072 kbit/s). Everything on beolounge loads for a very long time. I think there has a lot of work to be done.

• 03-02-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

What a coincidence!
    I just logged on to tell everyone to go and look at the Beolounge!
    Beat me to it mr_anders_son! Stick out tongue

Just spent 45 minutes there, and only explored 4%.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-02-2009 1:18 PM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Very pretty but it's still not as informative as Beoworld...

plus it makes my Macbook Air have a heart attack.

• 03-02-2009 1:27 PM In reply to

Hmm [^o)] Re: BeoLounge - Launched

Luke :

plus it makes my Macbook Air have a heart attack.

My MacBook pro froze just as the designer lady was introducing herself.  I was forced to close the BeoLounge window.

• 03-02-2009 1:34 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

It definetely needs a ultra fast connection and a really good graphics card!!!! They obviously are using the web2 story and seems pretty nice but nothing so informative. Let's see how it developes.

Best regards

Spiros

• 03-02-2009 1:34 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I gave up after 3 minutes and still hadn't progressed past the piano - PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there no one a B&O who is Web savvy????????? I'm sure it worked great on the company network, try using it on a 512Kb connection to appreciate just how much it will alienate visitors with slow connections.

Very disappointing but, I have to say, not entirely unexpected.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-02-2009 1:42 PM In reply to

Spiros:

It definetely needs a ultra fast connection and a really good graphics card!!!

Not really - it worked pretty well with my 3/1M connection and several years old midclass PC - and the holiday time gift animations on the main web site pretty much froze the browser on this same machine.

As to the content, no I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before. Not sure if that's a compliment or not, though Laughing

-mika

• 03-02-2009 1:45 PM In reply to

Puncher:

I gave up after 3 minutes and still hadn't progressed past the piano - PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there no one a B&O who is Web savvy????????? I'm sure it worked great on the company network, try using it on a 512Kb connection to appreciate just how much it will alienate visitors with slow connections.

I am inclined to agree. Why would they go to the obvious expense?

The graphics are impressive on my HP laptop and my 3Mb/s connection not slow by my standards (I've just re-joined BT and my line is 2 pieces of wet string!) but what is there to see.

Sorry B&O, it was all wasted on me.

Regards Graham

• 03-02-2009 1:46 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

No problem here (new aluminum Macbook and 8000kbit/s connexion), apart that the graphics are really poor...

If you want a really interesting part, go to the "Magazine" place (the room on the top of the stairs) and read the magazine : interesting, and not on the printed magazine. The designers of the Beosound 5 speaks of the concept; an article about how beolab8000 and 6000 top plates are polished using diamond...

• 03-02-2009 2:14 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

Puncher:

The graphics are impressive on my HP laptop and my 3Mb/s connection not slow by my standards (I've just re-joined BT and my line is 2 pieces of wet string!) but what is there to see.

Sorry B&O, it was all wasted on me.

Oh, I never got as far as reading any actual content - I thought that 3 minutes of waiting of endless little "loading" bars was enough. I'm aging quite quickly enough thankyou without waiting idley for computerised people loading who then allow me to select from  two other computerised people that I then have to wait for too!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-02-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

Well, I have a 15mb connection, so accessing wasn't hard. It's a lounge, but the guy introduces himself as a store manager - at least he's up front about the intent!

Give them kudos for trying to use the web in a more engaging manner - but I would have liked someone to be playing on the piano as I enter the "store"/lounge, whatever they want to call it. Instead they want to know more about me (I entered as a guest).

Hey, even the BL5s are silent.

Don't know - not signing up again, I think. Have to in order to read the magazine or go into the VIP-Room (who can resist!)

• 03-02-2009 2:33 PM In reply to

a lounge?

i can't find scotch anywhere?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-02-2009 2:37 PM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

The reason is because the entire enviroment is an information gathering exercise about you and your preferences. These preferences are very carefully logged and the information of your visits is sent to your nominated store. What you look at, what you have etc is all collated and once you have shown enough interest, you will be approached by the computerised host and an invitation to your store issued. All your details will have been put on a report detailing what you could be looking for.

From a marketing point of view I think this clever, though if the site is that slow, it would seem that B&O have forgotten that the UK broadband speed is pathetic in the main. Personally I prefer a degree of anonymity so have deleted my accounts from the Beocommunity.

• 03-02-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

Can you imagine how it works with my 328kb/sec Big Smile

BTW actually I'm paying for 1.5 mb/sec - I think someone stole my money Hmm

Great architecture ! perfect interior .... my taste !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 03-02-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

• Henri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-15-2009
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

110Mbit EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable here, works beautifully with a fast computer, but even though Beolounge is very elegant, I'm still wondering what, exactly, is the point. User interface reminds me of early mouse-controllable Sierra adventure games and the narration is filled with cliches and you can't even read the magazine upstairs without registering first, which may be a turn-off for potential new B&O customers.

It'll be interesting to see the concept evolve, at this point is nice but... not much more than just nice.

• 03-02-2009 5:58 PM In reply to

The pathetic chat-rooms where everybody was complaining have disappeared ;-)

• 03-02-2009 6:11 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Worked great on my ageing computer with XP, but knowing what I now know, I won't be visiting again.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-02-2009 6:13 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

Worked great on my ageing computer with XP, but knowing what I now know, I won't be visiting again.

me neither ....

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 03-02-2009 6:15 PM In reply to

Brilliant! An excellent effort from B&O and I really appreciate what they have done here. Not what I initially thought it would be about. Done with style and minimilasm, the latter being the whole point that everyone seems to be missing.

I have absolutly no reason to withdraw or cancel my membership from their community. I love the brand. I want to support it, encourage it and be encouraged by it. B&O create the living environment that I create for myself, so we are totally on par and connected in that sense.

Simon.

• 03-02-2009 7:03 PM In reply to

Every web site is tracking your usage... including Google. 

Just don't log in if you don't want to be traced...

• 03-02-2009 9:13 PM In reply to

Yes. I looked briefly at a website from one of our customers that deals with work-wear. Suddenly their adds popped up in my yahoo inbox. Cookies.

Anyway, I am using an ATT wireless modem, 3 G speed which is sporadic and slow and it works on my Macbook Air. When I tried first I couldn't get a connection, it timed out, then the guy came up within 15 seconds or so. Quite acceptable. I think they may just have some start up kinks but I would not say they did not consider bandwith.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-02-2009 9:15 PM In reply to

Grace Summers is sort of cute. It's all a bit freaky though, very very much Vanilla Sky like. Overall I think it is very good, very nice usage of Web 2.0 technology. Beats the Apple People.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-02-2009 9:21 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

My broadband speed is 'average' and it loaded umm. 'averagely' but not to the point where i got frustrated.  My iMac had a complete hissy fit when i tried to close the window though and froze my machine for almost a minute.

I like the graphics, a lot of attention to detail - that can't have been easy.  I know we slate B&O when they try and do something like this and it's not perfect - but the point is, they are trying.  To 'get there' you have to start somewhere!

My own critcisms?  The narrators/actors are as interesting as watching paint dry..  Why spend all that money on the whole project and then get people that can't act!  I don't care if they really are employees of B&O - they could be anyone for all i know, and i'll never meet them anyway!  Watch the design lady's eyes dart to the right as she keeps reading the autocue..  Get real actors in that can 'engage you' - or Jeff Martin (B&O's Tonmeister)!  That guy could explain how a tumble dryer works and make it sound like the most fascinating thing on earth!!

I wouldn't register myself as i'm not interested in getting my doormat covered in junk mail, and to be honest i resent being 'harvested' for info..  I think the whole thing should be as far removed from a sales pitch as possible. Perhaps just before you leave you should be asked 'hey - want to see all this for real?' with a Yes/No box and a quick section to fill in with your details to be passed to a dealer that appears only if you check 'Yes'. If you check 'No' - a little 'hey, it was great to see you, goodbye!' would have been great. Freezing my Mac was not a fond farewell in my eyes!!

Only my own thoughts, that are worth nothing i know Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-02-2009 9:28 PM In reply to

Sorry - just was not impressed.

The site loading for me was way too slow and I'm not prepared to waste my day loading-up data. 

I had a quick look at the BS5 and found it to be little more revealing that what had already come before it.

I wanted to look at the magazine but could not navigate that way.

If B&O are harvesting info, then I guess they've got more feed back from this site than they will have from there own.

Nice try B&O but the walk-around is not intuitive B&O.

10%

Page 1 of 4 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >