in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-19-2007 5:36 AM by beoaus. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-18-2007 12:21 PM

ACTIVE kit used to control CD Changer

Hi guys... (especially the guru's.)....

I'm wanting to use my ACTIVE like a Pre-amp for the CMM-10 changer...

Since i'm doing several link rooms. Can I go to an ACTIVE kit...with the PC input and plug in the CMM-10 (control box) to the PC input of the ACTIVE??

Would that allow me to listen to the Master downstairs when I want...then activate the PC port on the Active...and control and listen to that??

Thanks, Keith

• 11-18-2007 12:26 PM In reply to

Re: ACTIVE kit used to control CD Changer

I think to use this in other rooms, the device will have to be attached to your master audio unit. To all intents, this can be regarded as a cassette deck and so the same rules apply.
  • 11-18-2007 12:29 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter...but in theory...couldn't we connect say a CD4500 to a beolink active and control it through the PC port??

So, wouldn't this be the same??

Thanks again...Keith

• 11-18-2007 12:38 PM In reply to

You have lost me! The Beolink Active I know has an ML input, a power connector and a powerlink socket and an IR socket. Where is the PC port? The old MCL2AV has connections for a tape deck, CD and TV which can be ;local sources but I am sure this is not what you mean.

Do you mean the Beoport? 

• 11-18-2007 12:42 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

On the newer ACTIVE kits...there is only 1 powerlink out and there is a PC INPUT...if you see the BEOLINK PC OFFICE.

• 11-18-2007 12:42 PM In reply to

Hi Peter,

On the newer ACTIVE kits...there is only 1 powerlink out and there is a PC INPUT...if you see the BEOLINK PC OFFICE manuals here on the site..

The beolink active manual on the site is for the old ACTIVE kits..

Your thought into this is much appreciated cause i'm wanting to link everything to the master and then put a CD 4500 in each room for local change of music if possible..

Thanks, Keith

• 11-18-2007 1:12 PM In reply to

Just done some digging!! The Beolink PC Office is an obsolete system replaced by the Beoport/Beolink PC2. It needed the Beolink Active to attach to speakers - the Beolink PC2/Beoport essentially has the Active built into it. I actually have found the wiring diagram of the original Beolink Active with the two Powerlink sockets which is what threw me!! Still not convinced as I am not sure that this socket uses Datalink which is what is required to work the local sources. I'll put the new manuals on site though!
  • 11-18-2007 1:34 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter !!  There was a thread here before where I was advised to get a PC input adapter...which I did..and supposedly that allows RCA input to the PC port on that Active kit....It sure looks like a Datalink...
  • 11-18-2007 1:45 PM In reply to

Datalink is a language used by B&O components to talk to each other. i.e. a Beogram to a Beomaster. It is transmitted on pins 6 & 7 of a 7 pin DIN connector. Also called Audio-Aux when used with a video source. I don't know the connections of the new Beolink Active - I'll see if I can find out!
  • 11-18-2007 5:27 PM In reply to

So...I guess the real question is....what format is the PC input in....??? yes??

THanks again Peter..

• 11-19-2007 5:36 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Pressing the Beo4 PC will allow the Active to take the incoming music source either a PC or other input, Bose clock radio, turntable, cassette... From what I have been told the PC command is local if the Active is in option x?. In that case you can connect a extra Beogram with RIAA in every room with an Active.  I wonder if someone can confirm.

Beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)