in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2007 11:40 AM by Stars. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2007 4:11 PM

need help: import BL3

Hi,

I desperately need some advice form   ‘experimented ‘ people.  I would like to purchase a pair of BL3  via EBay form US( I live in Canada) but I don’t want to pay taxes!( there are 3 taxes to pay ).  BL3 is a temporary solution because next year I’ll buy BL5…

Is there a possibility to not pay taxes (I know that the seller should send me the speakers as a gift but the speakers are expensive so I don’t know if it’s a good idea?)

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Kind regards,

constantine

all sold!

• 10-31-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: need help: import BL3

Hi constantine,

I suppose the BL3s you're after on eBay have probably ended now, but by how much would the tax have made a difference to the gross price?

Considering you'll certainly be spending over $1000 I would not advise you for it to be sent to you as a gift.

• 11-01-2007 3:17 AM In reply to

thanks Henry for your answer,

In fact, Canadian Custom Border is not very permissive with the international packages. In fact, if the declared value is more than 20$, the guy can do whatever he wants. As a result, you can send to your mother a present that cost 21$ and there is a probability that YOU’LL pay taxes for it.  On the other hand, if you send things form Canada to US, the US Customs are more permissive( I don’t know how it works in England but here if you want to cross the border to US , you don’t have affair with the Canadian border!.And in the same maner, if you come from US, you’ll have affair only with Canadians. ….)….

Sending a gift that cost 1000$ is 99% risky. Even if you will lower the value, you can expect that the guy will modify the amount in order to ‘adjust’ at the real value!!( that is not right)…

so, welcome to canada( anyway is OK if you buy the BL3 from US- the cost is 2500$ + 400 taxes=2900$). In store you have to pay 4600$......

regards,

constantine 

all sold!

• 11-01-2007 11:40 AM In reply to

Hi constantine,

$400 isn't so much considering you'll be saving quite a lot. Atleast you won't run the risk of things going wrong. If they're in very good condition or better, I personally think that's a good deal.

Let us know how things go! Cool

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)